How much is your collection worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO anyone who's traded in at Gamestation,

I have quite a few consoles/games to sell and wouldn't mind putting them towards a 360 and some games or a Wii when it arrives. Can anyone tell me how much credit they're likely to give for:

- An average Mega Drive Game
    - A boxed AES
    - An average boxed AES game
    - A boxed Famicom

I have a large collection and want to get rid of my mega drive stuff (all pal) and my famicom. Can't be arsed with ebay as it seems to much of an effort!
    Last edited by Bomberman; 20-06-2006, 14:01.

Comment

?150ish for that lot I'd imagine, though sometimes they surprise you.

Like I saw them selling a virtual boy for ?150 but when asking about trading mine, they said they'd give ?50.

Comment

According to my list at IGN I've just topped the 10000$ mark. I'd say theirs is a very conservative estimate though. I'd say it'd have been much more than that over the years, but I've been burgled three times, so what I've got now is what I've collected over the last two years to replace whats gone, but there's no point looking back.

Comment

buregled 3 times! Blimely were do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomberman

I have quite a few consoles/games to sell and wouldn't mind putting them towards a 360 and some games or a Wii when it arrives. Can anyone tell me how much credit they're likely to give for:

- A boxed AES
            - A boxed Famicom

I have a large collection and want to get rid of my mega drive stuff (all pal) and my famicom. Can't be arsed with ebay as it seems to much of an effort!
            average MD game = 50p (as they sell for ?1.99 BUT a Buy One get one free, therefore theyre getting rif them for like 99p each!!!! - good for a buyer BUT not seller!)

Boxed AES = ?75 - 85 (probably better selling in on here or ebay!)

Boxed AES = ?10 - 20 (depending on title)

Boxed Famicom = NOT SURE on this one but id imagine about ?10 - 20!

Comment

They give ?20 for an unboxed snes so an import should be more. As its more RARE of course

Comment

Originally posted by Matteh
                buregled 3 times! Blimely were do you live?

<----------------------- I lived Leeds for a while aswell though and got burgled there. Its not a great track record I know, but it is a dodgy area and there's alot of drugs around. I've moved now so *touch wood* it won't happen where I am now.
                Last edited by AdamJW; 20-06-2006, 17:39.

Comment

is that exchange? or cash? They gave me 12 exchange for my SNES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamJW
                    <----------------------- I lived Leeds for a while aswell though and got burgled there. Its not a great track record I know, but it is a dodgy area and there's alot of drugs around. I've moved now so *touch wood* it won't happen where I am now.
                    harsh.

was your collection facing the window or summat? Id imange if somebody saw a big ol' collection of obscure games that would be quite an incentive to burgal the house? I personally have my bookshelf containing my games to the back of the window

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock
                      Boxed AES = ?75 - 85 (probably better selling in on here or ebay!)

Boxed AES = ?10 - 20 (depending on title)!
                      I got ?135 trade-in for an unboxed system + Sam spirits 2...

Comment

Originally posted by howlin-murdock
                        average MD game = 50p (as they sell for ?1.99 BUT a Buy One get one free, therefore theyre getting rif them for like 99p each!!!! - good for a buyer BUT not seller!)
                        I took 4 games in the other week, they sell them for ?1.99 each, they offered me the grand total of ?0.70p TRADE IN for them.. god knows how much cash I would of got.. enough for a 10p chew? who knows..

I took an MD import in as well, looked at me like I was crazy "this is Japanese isnt it?"

"Sorry, we dont take these, as they dont scan"

Mentioned it the week after to a different member of staff in general conversation, and basically he said that they were too lazy to ring up head office and get a price - thats what they have to do, as the prices for import stuff isnt in the system..

i.e. head office look on ebay for the price, and divide it by 5 or whatever, and thats what they offer for it.

Comment

Priceless.

Comment

My comparison pales to a lot of what i've read. I've got a good few games for this generation and retro, but a lot of tosh thats worthless. Although I do have a lot of bits and bobs I collect which definitely add to the value - strategy guides, art books, OST's etc. Perfect Works probably beats out all else in my collection. ^^

As for trading in games at retail shops, just don't do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Bomberman

- A boxed AES
                              - A boxed Famicom

FAO anyone who pm'd me:

The reason I wanted to trade them at gamestation is because I don't want the bother of waiting for money, having to pack them and pricing delivery options. So unfortunately I don't want to sell them on here either. Sorry.

crazymadone: ?135? I've a boxed AES with extra stick and 6 games (KOF 94, Samurai showdown 2, Fatal Fury Special, Magician lord, Alpha Mission 2, AOF 2) That should go some way to the 360 methinks!

Comment

You'd get at least double the amount by ebaying it.

Surely that worth the hassle of cashing a cheque and boxing it all up?

Comment

Working...
                                X