No announcement yet.

What would you do? saturn collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, don't jack it. Just offload all the crap games you have and invest in some of the quality titles.

That's what I did anyway, I had about 170 PAL Saturn games that I never played. I offloaded the crap and trimmed down to about 40 quality titles, which I also don't play

Comment

Ive taken some of your advice, bought 4 new games so far.

Including Mega Man X3.

Click here

Comment

Yer my collection is all japanese, with a jvc saturn mint yummy

Comment

get rid of the PAL guff and go JAP , much better line up

Comment

I know it's been said, and I'm sure that some will balk or roll their eyes at the asking price, but Panzer Dragoon Saga really is a must. It's a stunning game (on par with Ocarina and FFVII of the same generation) and well worth the plaudits.

Comment

Yeah looking at some of these japan titles. There is a good line up and it seems that they went on releasing them longer than the UK games.

If i can get the saturn i have modified to play the Jap titles then i might consider buying them. Can they be played in english writing though?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_the_browndog
                Yeah looking at some of these japan titles. There is a good line up and it seems that they went on releasing them longer than the UK games.

If i can get the saturn i have modified to play the Jap titles then i might consider buying them. Can they be played in english writing though?
                No , only if it has english text to start with but most games arnt to much trouble anyway just stay away from the RPG's

Comment

And of course the beat em up's on the saturn with the use of the ram cart is just sheer bliss, anyone for waku waku 7

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976
                    get rid of the PAL guff and go JAP , much better line up
                    That doesn't make sense when he owns some quality PAL titles. Just ditch the crap.

Comment

Ive made my mind up and im going to keep the Console, and i might go and ditch some of the crappy games i might have.

But as for now i'll stick to collecting pal titles.

I just bought Fighting vipers, fighters megamix and megaman x3. Just titles what are worth getting.

Comment

get your Saturn 50/60hz switched with region switch. that way you can enjoy PAL games in 60hz as well as sampling exotic ntsc delights, I won't go into them as there are many threads documenting the wondrous world of Jp games, but personally if and when I ever own a Saturn again it would kill me, if I couldn't play Layer Section.

I agree with previous comments though - the PAL boxes are bloody awful. Whoever designed those deserves to suffer. They look bad, feel cheap and nasty, and just plain suck.

Comment

IT would of been better if they released every saturn game in them decent plastic cases like for Shining force 3, last bronx and some noteable others.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_the_browndog
                            Ive made my mind up and im going to keep the Console, and i might go and ditch some of the crappy games i might have.

But as for now i'll stick to collecting pal titles.

I just bought Fighting vipers, fighters megamix and megaman x3. Just titles what are worth getting.
                            Those are 3 decent titles, even if the second makes the first redundant.

You want Nights (preferably with the analog controller) and Guardian Heroes next IMO. Those two will give you fun throughout the time it'll take you to save up for Panzer Dragoon Saga!

Comment

I think that one of the Saturn's biggest plus points is the sheer number of players you can have at once using the multitaps to their full advantage. It is practically unique in this respect, in fact. Make the most of this - here is what you need:

At least one multitap
                              Plenty of controllers (7 if you have one multitap, 10 if you have 2)

Duke Nukem 3D, along with either Quake or Exhumed - so that you can unlock the supremely brilliant "Death Tanks Zwei" 7 player bonus game.
                              Saturn Bomberman (up to 10 simultaneous players)
                              Three Dirty Dwarves
                              Vatlva (japanese import - up to 6 players, I think)
                              Guardian Heroes (up to six players in battle mode)

if you're into sports games, I think that some of these you can even have up to 11 or 12 players at a time, but I can only vouch for the max of 10 with Saturn Bomberman.

Apart from this, I would also recommend getting Keio 2, and getting an Action Replay adapter or mod and grabbing a shed-load of imports. Oh, and unless you're planning on going for a complete PAL set, ditch all those junk games. There's a ton of rubbish on the PAL Saturn, and I can see a lot of stuff in your stash that is quite clearly never going to get played, if you have any sense of what is good and right in this world.

Tirian

Comment

If your going to play imports, be aware that you must get someone to install a 60Hz switch on your machine, as a lot of JPN games don't like 50Hz.

Comment

Working...
                                X