No announcement yet.

Best Footie Game? Sensi or Kick Off 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensi was sex back in the day, I remember mates coming round and complaining it was not as good as there Snes/MD version.

peasants the lot of them!

Comment

Sensi wasn't only better than Kick Off 2, it's still the best football game ever. (Sensible WORLD OF Soccer this is, the vanilla version wasn't as good).

Comment

"Goal!" (effectively Kick Off 3, written by Dino Dini) is better than all the others.

Comment

Nah, Kick Off 1 is the best, by far. The 'ghost players' that sometimes appeared in the net when you scored a goal were particularly cool, and no other footie game has them.

Comment

I would like to suggest that Player Manager was the best footy game from the retro years by a long shot. Such a simple footy game idea that's never been bettered.

Out of the two in the thread, they were very different games, I think though that Sensi shaded it for sheer addictiveness.

Comment

Andrew Spencer's International Soccer on the C64 was superb for its day.

Comment

Yep another vote for Sensi.

Maybe it was me but Kickoff 2 just seemed too akward to control - besides My mate who loved KO2 could always score from the halfway line against me.

Comment

What the heck!! For me its not even a question man! Sensible Soccer all the way! The curl was the best! It was fast! The handling was lovely! The passing was great! Loads of teams! You could see lots of the pitch any one time! Kick off had non of this! (sorry for the exclamations!)

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad
                    Andrew Spencer's International Soccer on the C64 was superb for its day.
                    I remember hearing about some hacked 'wheelchair' edition of that but I never saw any screenshots. Emlyn Hughes' Soccer used the same engine as that, too, and that was pretty good in its day.

Comment

SWOS for me too. Most played Amiga game I own.

Kick off 2 was alright, for a pinball game ;-) but Goal was good too.

Empire Soccer anyone, played it the other night, very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                        i would like to throw microprose soccer on the C64 into the mix
                        This was exactly the same idea I had. I loved it in the rain. Even the music rocked.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'd echo that but the Amiga version.

Comment

Yeah Sensi on the Amiga for me. It had to be with the zip stick controller too
                            Kick Off 2 was good also, but Sensi was slightly easier to play and required as much skill to master.

On the best footy game ever front, I'm afraid my vote goes to Pro Evo, of course.

Comment

Sensible Soccer for me , still nothing comes close the most pefect controls ever seen in a game. Special mention must go to Match Of the Day II that game was so far ahead of its time is almost scary

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                                Special mention must go to Match Of the Day II that game was so far ahead of its time is almost scary
                                Was just called Match Day (II) , twas great on my spectrum for a long while.

Comment

Working...
                                X