No announcement yet.

Best Footie Game? Sensi or Kick Off 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World of Sensible Soccer for me The main reason was the depth of the player tansfer system and taking cambridge united to win the euro cup . Yes kick off was a class game (once mastered) but sensi was alot easier to play , so i had better matchs with my mates . Who else tried to win the match with there goal keeper
    Last edited by Demon; 16-08-2006, 06:04.

Comment

Sensible Soccer is probably a better "game" overall, but it's nothing like real football and nowhere near as much fun to play for me as Kick Off 2 was.

You could score all sorts of goals in KO2 - rockets that hit the underside of the bar and bounce down over the line, direct from corners, looping headers etc... there's very little of that in Sensi. Most goals are exactly the same.

Comment

I have to break from the norm and say that Kick Off 2 was the one for me. Perhaps it's because that was what was around at the time, i think Sensi was a few years later than KO2.
        I remember after school we put hours and hours into KO2 and never once got the feeling that we'd mastered it. I didn't like the way the ball glued to your foot on Sensi - granted KO2 was a bit extreme the other way but required more skill to put a flowing move together, and hence gave me a much greater sense of achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk
          I remember hearing about some hacked 'wheelchair' edition of that but I never saw any screenshots. Emlyn Hughes' Soccer used the same engine as that, too, and that was pretty good in its day.
          http://s64.emuunlim.com/gameinfos/wh...hairsoccer.htm

Comment

Slightly off topic - but what has happend to Seni Soccer for the DS? It doesn't appear to be listed as a forthcomming release on Play.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky
              I have to break from the norm and say that Kick Off 2 was the one for me. Perhaps it's because that was what was around at the time, i think Sensi was a few years later than KO2.
              I remember after school we put hours and hours into KO2 and never once got the feeling that we'd mastered it. I didn't like the way the ball glued to your foot on Sensi - granted KO2 was a bit extreme the other way but required more skill to put a flowing move together, and hence gave me a much greater sense of achievement.
              The Amiga versions of Sensi never had the ball glued to the players feet, so it looks like you never played the true versions of Sensi to form an opinion of it. It took some skill dribbling around players and was waaaay better than Kick Off's dribbling system - IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre
                The Amiga versions of Sensi never had the ball glued to the players feet, so it looks like you never played the true versions of Sensi to form an opinion of it. It took some skill dribbling around players and was waaaay better than Kick Off's dribbling system - IMO.
                To be fair in comparison to Kick Off 2 it did feel like the ball was glued to your feet i appreciate it ran away to an extent but after playing kick off 2 sensi was just far far to easy to master.. Can you every remember having a 0-0? i cant! Kick Off 2 had a proper learning curve and like i said it still felt like an achievement when you scored.

Comment

Hmm, if that's the opinion you want to take of me then so be it. I have SWOS at home and can post a picture in a couple of hours if that's what it'll take. Meanwhile thanks for dismissing my opinion as someone who's never played it - why on earth would i post on this thread otherwise ?

Ok so i used the wrong term, the ball didn't glue to your feet in Sensi, but it was easier to run up to the ball and turn, and have the ball turn with you, than it was in Kick Off 2. This made it feel to me like the ball was sticking to your feet more.

I'll keep my opinions to myself next time

Comment

For me, i'd got for Kick & Run (arcade taito, bootleg mexico 86)

A friend and i used to complete it in the local video shop after school scoring by overheads or diving headers only! Sheer class i still think this game is.

Then back to his for a bout of renegade some nights.

I played Sensi as a kid, i still think kick and run was better.

Comment

And looks like you never played Sensi on Expert level onthe console versions . The Mega CD version owns the rest, thanks the joypad controls and the crowd samples .

Oi !, You tripper

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                        Sensible Soccer is probably a better "game" overall, but it's nothing like real football and nowhere near as much fun to play for me as Kick Off 2 was.

You could score all sorts of goals in KO2 - rockets that hit the underside of the bar and bounce down over the line, direct from corners, looping headers etc... there's very little of that in Sensi. Most goals are exactly the same.

I scored near post goals, diving headers from corners.

Diving headers from crosses, long shots........ all that stuff.

On another point did anybody play Football Glory on the Amiga, sensi rip off with the players having speech bubbles etc...

Comment

Originally posted by qupe
                          On another point did anybody play Football Glory on the Amiga, sensi rip off with the players having speech bubbles etc...
                          Oh yeah, I remember playing that on a friends Amiga. I thought it was pretty cool at the time.

Comment

Sensi soccer for me

Comment

Sensi is great and fun and that, but it's too easy to play, too "Mr Slick" for its own good. Kick Off is raw, random, real. With Kick Off, there was always a risk that you'd f*ck it up when nearing the goal, due to shaky hands, pressure and adrenaline and ****. It's got chaos in there as part of the gameplay. And bugs!

With Sensi, once you'd sorted the banana shot out, Bob's your uncle, "GOAL!" every time. I remember thinking that I had to pretend that Sensi was better at the time because everybody said it was, when I had my Amiga back in the day.

But I never could.

(PS: cheers prinnysquad for the 'wheelchair' link.)

Comment

Working...
                              X