X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Concept
    A few more.

Frequency. Dreamfall. Jet Set Radio. Seaman. Wipeout 2097/3.
    yes Dreamfall would be a great choice because it seems to have fallen under the radar and is still easy enough to find in the shops.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k
      Are we only allowed to Re : Play one game at a time? Because if you pick something too rare a lot of people are not going to be able to contribute.
      We are aware of this, the games will be selected carefuly

This is something completely new for all of us, so we just need to see how things go.

Comment

I see so many good suggestions, I'd like to play;
        WaveRace64
        StarFox64
        Burnout2
        Mario64
        Prince of Persia
        WipeOut and or 2097

and many more...

Comment

Games I missed out on or never actually got round to playing:
          • Any of the Silent Hills (I did play about halfway through the first though)
          • Any of the Prince of Persias (Save the original, which I still have on a floppy disk somwhere...)
          • Any of the Burnouts, or any racing games at all really (the last I bought was Diddy Kong Racing on the N64!)
          • Any of the Jet Set Radios
          • Any of the Splinter Cells
          • Anything that was Xbox exclusive (never had an Xbox, only just bought a 360, interested to see what I missed out on through the BC compatible titles)
          • Anything on the Dreamcast

Originally posted by Concept
          A few more.

Frequency. Dreamfall. Jet Set Radio. Seaman. Wipeout 2097/3.
          I recently played through Dreamfall, and felt I wouldn't have enjoyed it anywhere near as much had I not played The Longest Journey. However, TLJ is a mammoth of a game, that took many weeks of devoted play to finish (loved it though).

Originally posted by Concept (I seem to be quoting you a lot recently)
          Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. Shadow of Memories. Zone of the Enders 2. Silent Hill 4: The Room. The Warriors. Banjo Kazooie. Blast Corps. Splinter Cell (original).
          I'd like to second Blast Corps. While I don't think the N64 is the most accessible platform and probably not best suited to the early days of the Relay project, I would like to see some of its titles included later on. Jet Force Gemini, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Pilotwings, Lylat Wars...

Something I'd like to ask is what is the forum's stance on emulation? Are we going to encourage it to allow people to play older titles or should we avoid that topic?

Comment

Originally posted by revlob
            Something I'd like to ask is what is the forum's stance on emulation?
            Don't ask, don't tell.

Comment

Fahrenheit or Indigo Prophecy for those in the US. It's PS/2 or Xbox.

What about King Kong. All three current gen. See what BG&E masters did next.

What about Deus Ex 2. Multiplatform. Was it as bad as they said?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock
                I wouldn't call it bad so much as not living up to expectations. The original set extremely high bars in terms of storyline, dialogue, and character interaction. Coupled with well-thought-out RPG and FPS elements and you have a bit of a difficult game to follow-up. Ultimately, Deus Ex wasn't able to trump its predecessor. I felt it was too linear and focused too much on being a console FPS than anything else. It was a good blast, but hardly as legendary as some of the other titles that have been mentioned in this thread.

Comment

Deus ex 2 was dumbed down far far to much and it was more linear

Oh game that should be done next killer instinct or psyvariar 1or 2

Comment

What about DMC 1?
                    Playing through 3 again now, would like to have a bash on the first with everyone esle.

Comment

I think we could leave N64/Snes/Nes games until the Virtual Console is released - will be much cheaper and easier for everyone to participate with then (those who buy a Wii anyways)

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
                        I think we could leave N64/Snes/Nes games until the Virtual Console is released - will be much cheaper and easier for everyone to participate with then (those who buy a Wii anyways)
                        That's a good idea, I didn't even realise how perfect this forum will be for that.

Prince of Persia: SoT seems popular. It's on the BC list so I'd pick up the xbox version if it came up, it'd be nice to play that again after the disappointment that was the second one (haven't played the 3rd).

Wouldn't mind playing Silent Hill, though personally I can only play the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by stainboy
                          That's a good idea, I didn't even realise how perfect this forum will be for that.
                          Raises an interesting question. If the likes of Doom on XBLA get their own First Play thread, then shouldn't Wii VC titles get one each also?

Is a retro rerelease a new game or an old one?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock
                            I loved it, but i've never played the first and the general opinion seems to be that it's the better game. Definitely worth trying though.

Comment

I'd love to play through Sands of Time again. Funnily enough I was thinking about playing it just the other day, after seeing Assassins Creed. I have the US GC version and it looks sweeeeeeet in 480p

The sequel was good too, but had too many game ruining glitches, bugs and cheaty bosses for my liking. I hated the art direction at first, but it grew on me towards the end. And lets not talk about Two Thrones.. Sigh.

Yup yup, Sands of Time sounds good. A beautiful game which plays superbly and is a good decent length too which wont eat into peoples time.

Comment

With all the call for Sands of Time to be the next game, I find it ironic to see that on the back of the PS2 manual for Beyond Good and Evil is an advert for ..... Prince of Persia : Sands of Time.

I think the decision about the next game was made for us in 2003!

Comment

Working...
                                X