Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger Heart Exelica Coming To Dreamcast !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Heart Exelica Coming To Dreamcast !

The Japanese arcade magazine Arcadia have stated that the recent Warashi Naomi shooter will be coming to the Dreamcast in February 2007 ! THis is great news for Dreamcast shooting fans ! It's also quite a surprise since Warashi originally said that they may thing about a DC version which basically sounded like there isn't a chance in hell of a DC version but here it is ! The DC version will go under the title of Trigger Heart Extention and will be available in standard form or special edition packs. Needless to say I'll be doing both versions including the exclusive Sega Direct release as soon as prices are anounced.

Yakumo

Sounds intriguing, but IIRC the game wasn't all that well received in the arcades, or was it?

Comment

Think it only got a luke-warm reception yes, but still great news about the DC version release

Comment

Vids please!
        Yakumo, do you know what's in the special edition pack as yet?

Comment

Vids of the arcade version here : http://insomnia.ac/reviews/naomi/tri...ica/review.php

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
            Vids please!
            Yakumo, do you know what's in the special edition pack as yet?
            No idea. Warashi have nothing on their site and neither do Sega. Arcadia is a very reliable source though so maybe in a coming issue they'll have more info.

I played the game in the arcade today. Quite interesting to be honest and a lot better than Radirgy.

Yakumo

Comment

Vid and info here also
              http://www.racketboy.com/videos/2006...amcast_28.html

Comment

Thats very cool, at least the DC isn't dead yet. Now all we need is Senko No Ronde and Karous and i'll be happy.

Comment

Awesome! Nice to see another DC release.

I sometimes wish we would get something different than a SHMUP though.

Comment

i think the recent news that Last hope was only outsold by the release of the PS3 might change some developers mind and maybe release more games on the DC

Comment

Great news, a mate over in Japan was saying that he was really keen on this, and a DC port is definitely a lot cheaper than flying out there or buying the Naomi GD.

COME ON SENKO NO RONDE!!! Then I wouldn't even have the slightest temptation to buy a 360...

Comment

Originally posted by SegaMark
                        Awesome! Nice to see another DC release.

I sometimes wish we would get something different than a SHMUP though.
                        The way I look at it is that the DC is now the Neo Geo of shooters. By the way, the Neo Geo lasted from 1990 to 2004 (last home cartridge) so that's a whopping 14 years ! That out does the PlayStation with ease. The DC (Japanese dates) was released in November 1998 so with the release of Trigger Heart in February 2007 would make the Dreamcast over 8 years old. The PlayStation lasted 11 years. The last hardware was porduced in March 2006 but really we should base it one games however I have no idea whenthe last PlayStation game was made. I pray that the DC will last that long.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                          The way I look at it is that the DC is now the Neo Geo of shooters. By the way, the Neo Geo lasted from 1990 to 2004 (last home cartridge) so that's a whopping 14 years ! That out does the PlayStation with ease. The DC (Japanese dates) was released in November 1998 so with the release of Trigger Heart in February 2007 would make the Dreamcast over 8 years old. The PlayStation lasted 11 years. The last hardware was porduced in March 2006 but really we should base it one games however I have no idea whenthe last PlayStation game was made. I pray that the DC will last that long.

Yakumo

true but with the neo geo it only had around 130 games didnt it?

Still they had to get more out of the system then possibly anything else (compare garou mark of the wolves/matrimelee to the neo geos earliest games it still amazes me its the same system)

Comment

Well if you're going by software dates, the Master System also beats the Playstation and almost matches the Neo's longevity with a lifespan of just over 13 years - Oct '85 (JP Mark III release) to Dec '98 (last 2 TecToy games released)

Comment

yeah but that's different parts of the world so it doesn't really count since the Master System didn't start it's life in Brazil in 1985 so.......... I'd probably say that the longest run the Master system did do is Brazil but when it was released there I don't know.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                              X