Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ties in nicely with the topic I started on:

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=66342

It really is a buyer's market - I don't think retro games have been so cheap for ages. Probably 75% of the 'ordinary' games I buy (usually from Japan/HK) cost less than the shipping. ie $4 for the game, $6 - $8 for the shipping. Same with much of the hardware too. You just have to look on Yahoo Japan for the true market value of consoles/games - peanuts for the most part.

Comment

Can I just say at this stage (as if I don't feel bad enough already), SuperdanX offered the game to me, via unsolicited PM, at a lovely price - I didn't beat him down (or up) to get it. Whole thread makes me look like some super-ruthless lowballing bastard - lolz

Mate when I win the lottery I will see you alright. Also beers are on me at any future ntsc meet.

In your defence that was just about the mintest item I have ever bought. I mean, it was in 100% perfect condition.

Comment

I lost somewhere between ?100-?150 on Neo-Geo Blazing Star. Other than that I did alright when I shifted my other AES games - a small profit here, a small loss there...about even overall.

Of course I've also lost thousands over the years by buying PAL games at RRP. My PlayStation, Dreamcast and Saturn stuff was almost worthless when I wanted rid of it.

With retro games these days I tend only to buy them if they're mint/complete and/or reasonbaly-priced so I won't get stiffed when I eventually sell them on. I'm patient enough to wait on a copy appearing in the right condition/at the right price.

Comment

I lost money on Battle Garegga and Soukyugurentai when I sold my Japanese Saturn stuff, but on the whole I tend to at least make my money back on retro stuff - in many cases I actually find that I make a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany
            Can I just say at this stage (as if I don't feel bad enough already), SuperdanX offered the game to me, via unsolicited PM, at a lovely price - I didn't beat him down (or up) to get it. Whole thread makes me look like some super-ruthless lowballing bastard - lolz

Mate when I win the lottery I will see you alright. Also beers are on me at any future ntsc meet.

In your defence that was just about the mintest item I have ever bought. I mean, it was in 100% perfect condition.
            this is all true,didnt mean to make you sound the villian your in fact one of the many ntsc-uk heros who today helped me buy a brand new, yup brand new super famicom so thanks will try and post a pic in 'post everytime you get something retro' later if i can.

Comment

Not much anymore, simply because I don't buy expensive collectables

before I've lost maybe 30 on a homecart sale or something. but meh.

I find theres no point (for me) to spend 100 quid on a game I really want to play, because you'll be dissapointed whatever the outcome, usually. and it'll be cheaper one day, and if its not. .so what.. only a game.

Comment

Working...
              X