Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse
    In our house we have a 40" Bravia
    Thanks for the advice dude, interesting.

I thought someone posted saying the Bravias have no lag, or is this some sort of completely different model to the ones they were referring to?

Comment

To be perfectly on the level, I'm not sure. Once I'm home I'll grab the model number of the TV we're using, but it is a fairly recent model.

The main issue for us is that trying to play Beatmania IIDX (which has ridiculously tiny timing windows) on anything with even a fraction of lag is nigh-on impossible, whereas with a lot of other games a very small amount of lag is completely bearable.

Comment

I have a Hitachi Plasma. Its perfectly fine for anything i throw at it.

quite why people buy LCD's for TV's is beyond me...

Comment

I have a 50" Bravia. Now I'd imagine SD images would look good on it if it wasn't so big, but try playing NGBC or FOTNS on it via RGB Scart and it's pixelly as hell. I can shrink the picture with the various zoom modes, but it's still a bit meh for me. CPS-2 stuffs looks great on it for some unexplainable reason though.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick

Not having the space for a 37"+ TV and a budget of ?1000+ does kinda factor...

Comment

Blimey, I hope 14" CRTs are never discontinued. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rick

I thought Plasma was ****ter quality than LCD?

Thats what I saw on TV on the gadget show I think it was anyhoo...

Comment

If plasma is so good why are the major plasma manufactuers taking out adverts in the newspapers saying how the majority of people prefer them? If you want something smaller than 40" you don't have much choice anyway.
                  It is often the case that bigger is not better in this instance. I don't want to play SD material on displays with 1mm pixels

Comment

My Neo and Saturn look sweet on my LCD, especially the 2d games are not pixelated at all. My DC and PS look worse. Those Ps2 2d fighter ports (and also DC, to some degree) were already pixelated and ugly on my old SDTV so they simply get slightly worse.

But the reason I have the TV is movies and next-gen gaming. I wouldn't buy one if I would play just retro.

Comment

I dunno about you guys but I kind of like seeing GIANT pixels. No artifacts mind but pixels are cool. My plasma (an old but expensive -- at the time -- Hitatchi) does a far better job of playing retro consoles on than the LCD (one of those Sammys), has better picture sizing options.

In fact, my plasma still has one of the best images I've seen unless we go crazy prices, proper HD panels. But then I would say that
                      Last edited by Commander Marklar; 17-12-2006, 15:17.

Comment

You could try those 21 inch LCD TV for retro gaming. But I don't know how good the picture.

Comment

Hi guys.

I will be buying a HD TV soon.

Is there any one who has a Sony s series TV (either 26 or 32 inch) that doesn't mind putting up some pics of some retro games running.

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer
                            My Neo and Saturn look sweet on my LCD, especially the 2d games are not pixelated at all. My DC and PS look worse. Those Ps2 2d fighter ports (and also DC, to some degree) were already pixelated and ugly on my old SDTV so they simply get slightly worse.

But the reason I have the TV is movies and next-gen gaming. I wouldn't buy one if I would play just retro.
                            Im curious, do you connect your DC with the VGA or just RGB Scart?

Comment

I run a 42" panny plasma... xbox and emus looks great.. though I also run a external scaler.. Lumagen DVI which feeds a vga cable into the screen. (http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php?module=dvi_details)

If you want a scaler theres plenty you can pick up secondhand (lumagen/DVDO etc etc) from various av forums if you keep your eyes open.

Comment

On my SDTV, My DC was first connected to RGB and later to S-Video. I just found those 2d fighters to be pixelated, especially compared to Saturn and Arcade versions. Marvel Vs Capcom DC against Xmen Vs SF SAT for example, clearly shows that the DC is not up to par. Last Blade 2 DC vs AES version, ditto.

Comment

Working...
                                X