recommend me good UNLICENSED Formula 1 racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    But he was asking for a unlicensed F1 game .

Otherwise I would have put in F1 Beyond The Limit onthe Mega CD too . Which is a top F1 sim (best on a 16 bit console) and its 1993 mode was way ahead of its time , in how you could take part in moments from the 1993 season .
    Yeah, I know that, looks quite nicely and it's from Sega. But I've read some articles about this one and it seems like too much "weight" for my tastes that burdens the gameplay and above all, I just don't dig those complicated simulations where you have to readjust every nook and cranny of your car to reach top times.

Originally posted by clnmckec
    fair enough but why would you want an unlicensed one! :-)
    I seem to generally prefer unlicensed sportsgames, cause that gives them a more timeless and universal appeal, and helps them age a lot better than those updates (like Fifa, Madden Series) that are outdated after a few months.

Originally posted by clnmckec
    If you want a decent F1 game Geoff Crammonds are the only ones that were ever good...
    A little narrow minded aren't you? Me too^^'
    I've read that it's one of the most realistic (and by far the best) F1 sims, and while I really appreciate that, it's really not my taste.
    I prefer arcade style racing over realistic sims, should've told a little bit earlier I know^^'.
    I might check out the first of the series though (it's unlicensed says the underdogs review and there's an amiga version).
    I could also try the pc version I know, but dosbox can be a bitch sometimes.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
    F1 on MD by Domark.
    I googled a bit and it seems that this game is a "sequel of sorts" to my old and beloved but totally forgotten amiga classic Vroom.
    Wow, thx.. that's a great find ^_-
    And very big thx to all the other recommandations, I'm sure to check out Exhaust Heat 1-2, Super Monaco Grand Prix, F1 Circus, Continental Circus and Super Sprint (nes and arcade only?).

Especially the Taito Legends "Continental Circuis" looks nice.. I'd be glad if someone could name more good arcade F1 games.
    Last edited by Ryo Saeba; 30-12-2006, 10:55.

Comment

Yeah, I know that, looks quite nicely and it's from Sega. But I've read some articles about this one and it seems like too much "weight" for my tastes that burdens the gameplay and above all, I just don't dig those complicated simulations where you have to readjust every nook and cranny of your car to reach top times
      Its still a console game @ heart . It was deep by console standards , but still pretty easy to get in too. It's aged now, but was bloody awesome at the time(ace music as well).

A little narrow minded aren't you? Me too^^
      I don't think I quite said that, but yes if you're into F1 Geoff Crammonds games are the only way to go . He's the Yu Suzuki of the PC world in my eye's . Guys that just knw what a racer is all about and nail the handling of the cars .

Geoff Crammonds F1 GP2 is still the best in my eye's, and way better than the SONY sh8t we get now.

Comment

Ah, sry .. edited my post.

Anyway.. Exhaust Heat is ace, seems a little shallow at first glance, but I only played the first few courses, so I'm hoping that the difficulty will go up quite a bit.

Exhaust Heat 2 on the other side just seems like a ****ed up F-Zero. I'm sliding and bumping all over the place, it really handles like a futuristic racer gone horribly wrong and what exactly is so special about the graphics? It seems to use the same Mode-7 effects F-Zero showed us ages ago.

Comment

Working...
        X