Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone fancy returning to Ragol one last time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't risked my old characters yet, been playing with new chars on a seperate memory card. I set it up over the weekend and had a quick run around alone. Cosina and I had a run through the forest last night with new characters and everything seems alright.

Feel free to PM me for more details or catch me on MSN sometime. I can't guarantee when I'll be online or how often but it's nice to have it there (for free) when you do fancy a game. I also didn't gel with PSU in the end.

Comment

OK mate!

I think I'll set it up some time and have the odd bash here and there, like you said it's free so it won't hurt to try it.
      Last edited by MarioMark; 01-05-2007, 13:29.

Comment

Was anyone else here for the DC PSO end?

It was amazing. Fort he first time in almost four years, 'lobby full' messages.

600+ people on the Japanese servers to say goodbye. It was, quite honestly, beautiful.

I have over 24 hours of footage recorded of memories before the termination and the strangely prolonged termination/resurrection/shutdown of the European servers. I'll put up a short vid of the end (I was also there for the North American server shutdown in 10/03, put that up too I will) and some pics soon.

Goodbye PSO. You were and always will be loved.

Comment

Originally posted by id-republix View Post
          Was anyone else here for the DC PSO end?

It was amazing. Fort he first time in almost four years, 'lobby full' messages.

600+ people on the Japanese servers to say goodbye. It was, quite honestly, beautiful.

I have over 24 hours of footage recorded of memories before the termination and the strangely prolonged termination/resurrection/shutdown of the European servers. I'll put up a short vid of the end (I was also there for the North American server shutdown in 10/03, put that up too I will) and some pics soon.

Goodbye PSO. You were and always will be loved.
          Was this PSO 1 or 2?

I wanted to be there, but I stopped playing it years ago for fear of some hacker killing the server and losing my character. Couldn't stand to lose all that cumilated experience in my char.

Were there any hacker problems?

Comment

Eh? PSO Ver. 1 and PSO Ver. 2 both used the same servers? Ver. 1 players could not join certain types of games, etc, that's all.

After the US servers went down, never or extremely rarely. The Japanese players never used hacks, and hardly if any European hackers could be bothered going online I suppose. in the 3.5 years I played PSO after the US servers shut down I never had a problem with hackers at all. It's a shame you stopped playing, the 3.5 years we had PSO after the US shutdown really were magical.

Comment

Eh? PSO Ver. 1 and PSO Ver. 2 both used the same servers? Ver. 1 players could not join certain types of games, etc, that's all.

After the US servers went down, never or extremely rarely. The Japanese players never used hacks, and hardly if any European hackers could be bothered going online I suppose. in the 3.5 years I played PSO after the US servers shut down I never had a problem with hackers at all. It's a shame you stopped playing, the 3.5 years we had PSO after the US shutdown really were magical.
              It's crazy, who would have thought that back when the US serves shut, we still had double the length of time left to carry on playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Selix View Post
                It's crazy, who would have thought that back when the US serves shut, we still had double the length of time left to carry on playing.

Indeed - we always played like we were on borrowed time.

Sad everyone assumed with the US the EU servers shut down too...and just....left.

Thanks SEGA and Sonic Team for keeping the game up for so very, very long.

Comment

Indeed - we always played like we were on borrowed time.

Sad everyone assumed with the US the EU servers shut down too...and just....left.

Thanks SEGA and Sonic Team for keeping the game up for so very, very long.
                  I get depressed thinking about the PSO days, they were such good times and now they're gone! It had a great community and it just shows now for example, I don't even know you from the game, but we could have a 3 hours conversation about the good times of PSO and you'd be able to relate to what I'm saying.

Comment

I missed PSO back in it's prime, because it was a bit pointless for me who was hardly allowed to go on-line. If only there was a freeserve style service! I played it for a few months one summer two or three years ago, it was good, but not amazing. There were loads of people who would just **** about duplicating items, ruined it for me.

Infact I wish I could go back and play Chu Chu Rocket! and Planet Ring again.

Comment

I've got some more UGVD PSO memories to share. I've just found an old back-up CD with a couple of versions of my old UGVD web site. The first has some pictures of people as they reached level 100 in the original PSO, and the second has details of the whole Adam "wrestling" Capewell Armageddon episode.

Site 1

Site 2

And here http://www.stevejackson.org.uk/ugvd2/logo.htm are some logos people made for the site.

Obviously many of the links no longer work and the whole thing has no relevance to most people here but it may be worth a quick glance for a couple of you.
                      Last edited by SteJay; 17-07-2007, 21:13.

Comment

Excellent stuff Steve...oh the memories!

Comment

Working...
                        X