Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you trying to collect at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even when I used to stick speccy games down my socks to hide them from my parents
    That's funny. Did any of them find their way into the wash? I have similar problems hiding them from the wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Baggie View Post
      That's funny. Did any of them find their way into the wash? I have similar problems hiding them from the wife.
      lol! No they didn't end up in the wash. I only did it when I was walking in through the door after my trips out shopping in Burnley when Boots used to sell games in the eighties. I'd keep one in a bag so it looked like I'd bought just the one cassette and show them that, but really I used to have one down each sock that I'd bought so they wouldn't see them.

I'd never just leave them down my socks. Funny thought though. I remember my last Girlfriend whinging when I bought games to. Its just something some people fail to understand and they still do now aswell.
      Last edited by AdamJW; 09-02-2007, 16:57.

Comment

I've stopped buying import 8 & 16 bit games for the time being as I want to see how the Wii VC pans out.

The main focus of my attention is now completing my Dreamcast collection. Got a decent number of games but have quite a few left to buy. I'm not after a 100% library, just the stuff of interest really.

Aside from that, I want to buy the remaining Gamecube and PS2 games that interested me now that the prices are falling due to release of the PS3 and Wii.

Comment

At the moment I'm concentrating on my PS1 and PS2 rpg collections, but when they're finished I guess I'll have the funds to round off my far from complete Saturn collection.

Comment

Pretty much the best NTSC-J stuff for the MD, Saturn and Dreamcast. Buying stuff pretty evenly between those. Got my first Japanese GG game this week which was Bare Knuckle II, entirely by mistake but the condition and the size and ace box art is making me think of flogging all my UK GG games which are mostly boxed.

Comment

today, I'd be mostly collecting sega stuff! I need the following so if anybody can help then please do.
              I require 5 more games to complete my Mega Drive PAL collection (Shining Force 1 & 2, Demolition Man and Kings Bounty)
              Im also after a complete 32X collection (need Primal Rage, T-MEK, Night Trap and Motherbase) - good luck to me!!!
              Also after a 2 NeoGeo B&W games (Samurai Shodown 1 and NeoGeo Cup)
              And about 70 odd MS games to complete PAL collection

that's me done, i think I'll be a while until i complete anything!

Comment

I need a few more things to round out my Japanese Dreamcast wish-list and then I might get onto Japanese PSone stuff, so far I just have Tekken 3 lol

Comment

I recently decided to bite the collector bullet and go for a complete Contra collection. I've never been much of a 'collector' in the strictest sense of the word (although my games collection is ever-growing, natch), mainly because of the cost involved, but completing my Contra collection should be a fairly obtainable goal since there are few games in the series and most of them aren't that expensive or hard to come by.

ATM I think I'm going to go for just a 'core' collection, with only the definitive, Konami-developed Contra games: basically those made during the 8 and 16 bit eras, and also the PS2 titles. I don't think I'll bother with any of the handheld remakes, or with the 32-bit era titles developed by Appaloosa, as Konami as distanced itself from these games and they're supposed to be ****e.

Even so, attempting to round off my collection will have the interesting side-effect of needed at least one new console (namely a Famicom) and some kind of modification to my existing Mega Drive so I can get the 'proper' version of Contra Hard Corps. I already bought a modified SNES to play Contra Spirits. IT's that sort of thing that makes collecting interesting I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                  X