Double Dragon II - NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Dragon II - NES

Does anyone else think this has the best soundtrack on the system besides the first Turtles game? I do.

I have fond memories of that Turtles game actually (the first console game I ever played, IIRC). I remember it being pretty rock. I'll have to whip it out tonight and give it a bash. Good old Konami.

Great games! Turtles was pretty rock tbh but a nice change from the traditional beat em up arcade version.

Comment

You just listed my first games for the system! Loved them both!

I used to rinse through DD2 with my m8 for fun, turtles on the other hand was a tough old slog!

Still got through it mind!

Your special moves in DD2 consisted of a Ken/Ryu spinning kick and a Sagat type knee that used to send the enemies flying!

I can remember the music from both games they had some good tunes but the best music for me came from the Megamans.

DD the arcade is coming to XBLA - can't wait!

"Beware - Shredder is near"

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
        DD the arcade is coming to XBLA - can't wait!

"
        Wheelaa's head explodes!

Comment

I still think the soundtrack to Megaman 2 is excellent.

Comment

I want DD2 on XBLA

Comment

Turtles was the game I got with my NES as at the time they didn't have any Super Mario packs left in Argos. After I got over the disappointment of it being nothing like the arcade Turtles I really started to like it.

Double Dragon 2 was my favorite game on the NES, just ahead of SMB2 and 3 and CV1 due to it being a really good 2 player game. What set it apart from a lot of other scrolling fighters was it's variety. Nearly every stage would throw in something new to think about and there were plenty of moves to use. Every other scrolling fighter on home formats felt repetitive and were mostly single player. Target Renegade on the Amstrad was good though.

How different was the arcade version and what was Super Double Dragon like?

Comment

I quite liked Super Double Dragon. It's probably **** now but at the time I was questioning all the hate as it scored poorly.

I remember it being dead slow but that might have been the dodgy US>PAL convertor cart I was using.

Time to look for DD2 on ebay anyway...

Comment

I personally found the original DD to be more enjoyable overall but i think your right about the soundtrack being great. Having said that DD had an awesome sound track as well tho.

Comment

I've never played the NES Double Dragon II but I have played the piss poor Mega Drive game. I'll have to give the NES on a spin one day.

yakumo

Comment

Yeah - my mate had DD1 and we used to swap carts sometimes. I'll have to grab them both.

There're so many classics on the NES that you forget about tbh.

I remember NES DD3 scoring **** reviews (back in the day when reviews were readable), I remember it being far too hard to base any opinion on.

Comment

yep dd2 was one of my favourites too ..
                        dd3 was total poo tho it just didn't have the same feel as dd1+2..
                        personally i thought the nes versions were better than any of the other ports
                        (mebbes more fun to play than the arcade too)

Comment

They changed the way it looked and played for DD3 and ended up with a **** game that lost all that was good about 1 and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            I've never played the NES Double Dragon II but I have played the piss poor Mega Drive game. I'll have to give the NES on a spin one day.

yakumo

DO IT!

One of the best NES games ever made, I was so hooooooooked >_< I still double glance at the legendary "Acclaim" logo on the box and title screen. What were they thinking publishing such a great game? o_O

Comment

DD2 was my favourite, had the best music, most memorable stages. I want to play it again =\

Comment

Working...
                              X