Double Dragon II - NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinsecharles View Post
    dd3 was total poo tho it just didn't have the same feel as dd1+2..
    Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
    They changed the way it looked and played for DD3 and ended up with a **** game that lost all that was good about 1 and 2.
    Have to disagree with those comments.

DD3 on the NES was a much underrated title, imho. It has the best graphics of the three NES DD games, barring a bit of "standard for the 8-bit generation" sprite-flicker (This is proven by the fact that NES DD3 has aged well compared to the other two NES DD games). Also, while it was rock-hard (especially the last level), it was worth playing in my opinion, especially in 2P mode when it rocked (tag-team style moves and throws). The music on NES DD3 is at least on a par with (if not better) than the music in NES DD 1 & 2.

I would honestly go as far to say that DD3 was the best title out of the three NES DD games.

I personally feel that DD1 on the NES was average at best (An RPG-style experience points system to acquire your moves? - ). The Original Gameboy conversion was far superior, surely? DD2 was marginally better, but poor graphically and with what felt like a cumbersome control system.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 21-02-2007, 10:33.

Comment

I'm suprised how you lot are ranting about the quality of NES Double Dragon and DD2. I never had a NES but being that it was 8 bit and DD for the C64 (also 8 bit) was terrible (having said that, so was the Amiga version I pad 25 quid for!), but DD2 on the Amiga was brilliant (though dfinitely not arcade perfect).

Could the 8-bit NES versions be that good, really?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
        Could the 8-bit NES versions be that good, really?
        yep.

Comment

The game also came out on the PC Engine, I want to give that a try. I remember watching videos of it, the music seemed terrible I think (I think it was different or was the same as the NES version but with some growling noises =\)

Comment

I've just finished a ton of work so I'm off to download t3h r0mz to keep me occupied for the rest of today.

Comment

The problem with DD3 imo was well everything. The graphics may have looked "better" but 1 & 2 just had a certain style which i perfered. The biggest problem with DD3 was the way the flying spin kick thing could just be whored as an uber cheap way to get through the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
                The problem with DD3 imo was well everything. The graphics may have looked "better" but 1 & 2 just had a certain style which i perfered. The biggest problem with DD3 was the way the flying spin kick thing could just be whored as an uber cheap way to get through the game.
                The flying spin kick in NES DD3 is no more cheaper than the screen-clearing "desperation" attacks that you get in any other scrolling beat-em-up, tbh.

Besides, you couldn't use it to get through DD3 entirely - the difficulty level of the game simply didn't allow it, especially considering that a good few of the bosses could dodge it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Of Swede View Post
                  I still think the soundtrack to Megaman 2 is excellent.
                  Amazing soundtrack in that game. I recently put a few tunes in a MegaMan retro CD I made for a friend. I went through all the MegaMan games for all the systems, and MegaMan2 had some of the best tunes.

Comment

Working...
                  X