Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luigi's Mansion - Discussion (April 2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luigi Mansion is one of Nintendo's greatest ever games in my opinion, it has tonnes of charm and the gameply is classic Nintendo pick up and play till the end.

The graphic's stilll hold up today, and the effect's are still magnificent.It's the only game I know off to feature really believeable animated ghost's, and the way they all behave is amazing for a last gen title. I used to love watching what they did when I first got my gamecube, and the game made my jaw drop oon more than one occasion. I particularly love the Library, the bedroom on the same floor, and I love the gym too.

The house is also so well designed, and the way it unfold's is just tremendous game design.

Also as Yoshi say's, the Game Boy Horror is one of the coolest gadget's ever built!!!And the way it display's the map and stuff is just pure class, and another bit of polish the game has.

Anyone who has not played this game is missing out on a sublime title. It's also just crying out for a sequel on the Wii, the torch would be perfect for motion control, and the hoover too. Even a remake with extra content would make me happy. (^_^)

Comment

I stuck this on the other day and was gonna post how mint this game still is, but all of the above posts say it all, it's still mega, pure Nintendo class!

Comment

So, 20 days in and I'm a little disappointed in the amount of discussion posts. It mainly seems to be people replaying it rather than virgins, so I guess they wouldn't have quite the same need to discuss it. Good comments from the people that posted, but with no need to come back and post more comments.

Comment

I've just watched the gamespot video review which is quite informative, with some nice clips. However, I completely zoned out when he devoted a large chunk to how the textures aren't that great compared to Rogue Leader. Here's our review, which hopefully covers that bit off a little quicker. /pimp

Comment

I played this when it came out (or thereabouts) and loved it. Sold it and regretted it ever since. Finally sourced an NTSC-U copy.

Just fired it up to check if it works and I'm already getting sucked in (no pun intended) to the game proper. The music's awesome - so funky!

Incidentally, I like short games.

Comment

Yeah, I rememeber when this launched with the Gamecube, I dont think many people liked it much as they expected a launch title like Super Mario 64 or Zelda. I thought it was good fun. I love the levels in Super Mario Galaxy as well

Comment

top notch game, found it highly addictive for some reason. graphics were beautifull and i found controls very accurate

Comment

Add one more to the Luigi's Mansion love in. Still one of my favourite 'Cube games, and I'm gutted that I have only the Players Choice version (This is the reason I now boycott VG+).

Comment

On reflection, for me this game was the beginning of the end for Nintendo. It was a nice graphical showcase and full of charm but was not the Nintendo triple-A launch title we were used to. It was a stop-gap on a console full of stop-gaps from a company who were increasingly putting the bottom line first and creativity second. The company that evolved into the lazy gimmick-pushing ****fest we have today.

Comment

Oh please.

Comment

I got my gamecube a little later than launch so I didn't get this with it (got smash bros instead, much better). But I did get it eventually and was thoroughly charmed. As soon, as I completed it I flog it though as it doesn't have any replay value. I still love they way luigi hums the theme tune and gets progressively more scared. I also like the fact theres a button to shout 'ma-ma-mario!'.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                          Oh please.
                          Truth hurts baby

Comment

Originally posted by jezzace View Post
                            I got my gamecube a little later than launch so I didn't get this with it (got smash bros instead, much better). But I did get it eventually and was thoroughly charmed. As soon, as I completed it I flog it though as it doesn't have any replay value. I still love they way luigi hums the theme tune and gets progressively more scared. I also like the fact theres a button to shout 'ma-ma-mario!'.
                            It's been a while, but there's a scoring system isn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                              It's been a while, but there's a scoring system isn't there?
                              Yeah and to be fair lots of portraits to unlock, I seem to remember. I should've said I'd lost interest in replaying it personally, since, if i recall correctly, I received Metroid prime and animal crossing just after. Luigi's Mansion could never compete.

Comment

Working...
                              X