No announcement yet.

Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a horrow theme for Oct 31st? Gregory's horrow show (requested several times). Or Siren. Or Fatal Frame. Or Condemned. Or Cold Fear (nice and short). Or Dino Crisis 3 (joke)

Comment

I wouldn't mind giving Cold Fear a go. Is that the one on a boat that came out around the same time as RE4?

Is Dino Crisis 3 really that bad?

Comment

I'm just going off reviews from people I generally share similar opinion to:
        Cold Fear (yes it's the boat one)
        Dino Crisis 3

Comment

Ok, I'm going to press on with this scarefest theme. Anyone up for it? 1 or more scary games.

Comment

I've literally just finished Capcom's PS2 Haunting Ground/Demento - there'd be a lot to talk about I think but it is quite difficult to find now.

Comment

I think the scary games theme is a winner. Instead of Dino Crisis 3 we could just have the Dino Crisis series.

Comment

I wouldn't mind re-visiting Dino Crisis, one of my favourite survival horror games. I've got an unplayed (DC) version I've been meaning to do for ages. Much prefer fighting dinos to RE style zombies and another thing I like is that it is more puzzle orientated than even the first RE.

Dino Crisis 2 is also surprisingly good fun even though they turned it into much more of a shooter.

Are either these or DC3 still easily obtainable though?

Comment

I've got sidetracked from this. At this point I think we'll have to have a general horror game discussion and people can play what they've got. It's only a week away now.

Comment

Do we need to change the format of this somehow? Participation is varied and obviously fewer and fewer people have access to older consoles. Any suggestions, either for games to play in December, or to an update to how we approach this.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Do we need to change the format of this somehow? Participation is varied and obviously fewer and fewer people have access to older consoles. Any suggestions, either for games to play in December, or to an update to how we approach this.
                      I think the format is great (for someone like me with older consoles and lots of unplayed titles), but the problem is I just don't have the time (which is why I guess a lot of my titles are unplayed).

Comment

What about some games off PSN or XBLA or Wiiware could purchase games easily,and then everybody has access to it?

Comment

Maybe just needs a bit more consideration of what other big titles are being released, if it's a busy month then take a break?

I remember when MGS was relayed at the same time as MGS4 hit the shelves... that ought to be a good combination but in reality I was too busy playing MGS4 to be bothered going through the original as well.

Comment

We could do games from the current generation that were overlooked. Not that I'm recommending it, but I'm thinking of games like the original FEAR, which were reviewed well but must have got a bit lost when standing against juggernauts like Halo, CoD, etc.

And/or you could determine what to choose by looking at the length of the threads in First Play.

Comment

I haven't read every page so this has probably already been suggested, but what about genres? If you ask for a genre each month then anyone from any era of console can say something.

Comment

It certainly seems to need a broader approach if more people are to get involved

Comment

Working...
                                X