No announcement yet.

Famicom or PCE Core Grafx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, for what it's worth, here's the composite out of my PC Engine, compared with the amplified RGB out:

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
      Get a SFC or SNES instead mate - Best console ever !
      F*ck that - get a NeoGeo instead

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
        Get a SFC or SNES instead mate - Best console ever !
        I already have a modified US SNES so I'm catered for
        on that front

Originally posted by samanosuke
        I'd love to but cant justify the cost of the games, could look at a CD one I suppose but I've always wanted a PCE & the load times of the CD have always put me off that so afraid they will be left till I have lots more money to spend on a good AES system.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by stoofle View Post
          Well, for what it's worth, here's the composite out of my PC Engine, compared with the amplified RGB out:

Says it all, composite = 'fuzz-city' as always...

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Hmmmm Boosted RGB

How much does one of these amplified cables cost Mr Jelly??

Currently bidding on a Core Grafx on Ebay & would like to budget for the cable as well...possibly even order now as I'm dteremined to have a Core sometime this year
            I put the amp in the PCE. Fits nicely..

I plenty of loose PCE.. white, core 1, core 2.. etc

Comment

Originally posted by chaoticjelly View Post
              I plenty of loose PCE.. white, core 1, core 2.. etc
              Really??

How much would I be looking at for one with the amplified mod??

Pm me if you like.

Neil

Comment

I've been eyeing up getting a PC Engine for ages now and this stupid thread doesn't help my lusts for Japanese retro action!

I nearly bought this one off eBay but as I sat in bed with my laptop waiting for the bid to end so I could chip in during the last minute, my wife asked what I was looking at.

The realisation of buying it hit me and I had to shut down the laptop and go to sleep before I did something silly.

I think I'll start saving for a GP32 or something...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I've been eyeing up getting a PC Engine for ages now and this stupid thread doesn't help my lusts for Japanese retro action!

I nearly bought this one off eBay but as I sat in bed with my laptop waiting for the bid to end so I could chip in during the last minute, my wife asked what I was looking at.

The realisation of buying it hit me and I had to shut down the laptop and go to sleep before I did something silly.

I think I'll start saving for a GP32 or something...
                  I actually looked at that one a lot over the week as well decided not to go for it though.

Currently bidding on a Core Grafx with 4 games...at ?5.50 at the mo with just over 1 day to go...I know it wont stay that way but hopefully it wont bust out my max bid.

Oh if anyone else see's it PLEASE dont outbid me

Neil

Comment

Currently bidding on a Core Grafx with 4 games...at ?5.50 at the mo with just over 1 day to go...I know it wont stay that way but hopefully it wont bust out my max bid.

Oh if anyone else see's it PLEASE dont outbid me

Neil
                    *runs to ebay*

Just kidding. I'm only after a Duo-R at the moment. Fat chance of getting one with the funds I don't have right now.

One day.
                    ...which i've been saying for about a thousand years now

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      Far more great games on the SNES than neoGeo,
                      The SNES was the best 16bit console without doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by [nothing] View Post
                        *runs to ebay*

Just kidding. I'm only after a Duo-R at the moment. Fat chance of getting one with the funds I don't have right now.

One day.
                        ...which i've been saying for about a thousand years now
                        Lol your like me I've been saying I'd buy a new one ever since I sold my old one so decided if I dont do it now I'll never do it

If your interested Video Game Imports are selling a Duo for ?99 inc VAT or a Duo-R with Dracula X for ?200 inv VAT

Neil

Comment

Lol your like me I've been saying I'd buy a new one ever since I sold my old one so decided if I dont do it now I'll never do it

If your interested Video Game Imports are selling a Duo for £99 inc VAT or a Duo-R with Dracula X for £200 inv VAT

Neil
                          Jesus.

I best get saving then. Since i'm petty and anal, the Duo would be sat next to a white Saturn and a Dreamcast, so Duo-R or bust for me.
                          Last edited by [nothing]; 10-05-2008, 10:26.

Comment

Jesus.

I best get saving then. Since i'm petty and anal, the Duo would be sat next to a white Saturn and a Dreamcast, so Duo-R or bust for me.
                            I know my PCE will be sat next to my White Saturn, White Dreamcast, White PS2, White Wii, White 'Cube, White Super Famicom & White 360

Ideally want the white PCE as well but I may have to break the cycle & get a Grey Core if I have too but my overall preference over just the PCE would be for a white Duo if I could find one cheap enough

Keep an eye on the Bay there is a seller (Cant remember his name though) who regularly sells Duos with about 6 games for around the ?180 mark plus delivery.
                            They generally are unboxed & not in the best condition but they do show up & may be a cheaper option than VGI's prices.

Neil

Comment

I know my PCE will be sat next to my White Saturn, White Dreamcast, White PS2, White Wii, White 'Cube, White Super Famicom & White 360

Ideally want the white PCE as well but I may have to break the cycle & get a Grey Core if I have too but my overall preference over just the PCE would be for a white Duo if I could find one cheap enough

Keep an eye on the Bay there is a seller (Cant remember his name though) who regularly sells Duos with about 6 games for around the ?180 mark plus delivery.
                              They generally are unboxed & not in the best condition but they do show up & may be a cheaper option than VGI's prices.

Neil
                              Again, I know what you mean. I currently have a Grey Core and despite the fact it's a sexy design, I can't stand it sat there next to all the white machines.
                              ..although without the aid of a can of paint, my Multimega will never match the rest

If you see that seller sticking any Duo-R packs up, if you could let me know via PM, i'd appriciate it.

Comment

Again, I know what you mean. I currently have a Grey Core and despite the fact it's a sexy design, I can't stand it sat there next to all the white machines.
                                ..although without the aid of a can of paint, my Multimega will never match the rest

If you see that seller sticking any Duo-R packs up, if you could let me know via PM, i'd appriciate it.
                                Lol well get the can out then
                                I actually have my Megadrive packed away & only brought out when I really want to play because I cant cope with the aesthetics being out of whack

No worries will let you know as soon as...the good thing with him is everything is listed as BIN so no need to worry about bidding & then getting sniped right at the end.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X