The Emperor's New Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCharlie View Post

But i think Zelda is the big one - the N64 games - i just couldn't get into them at all. I tried and tried but it wasn't happening. I'm sure they are great games , but they just didn't click.

Oh I felt the same , most of the time the Puzzles didn?t make any logical sense what so ever , I did love the graphics though , sayint you I never got FF 7 , I though the story and cast of characters to be nothing special at all .
    Also I'm one of those that never really got when people and the likes of Mean Machines raved about Thunder Force III and Hellfire , Those shooters did nothing for me , and to me they were rather dull .

Mind you I've seen some people rave about Daytona USA II inthe Arcades , and its one of the worst racers I ever played , I was horrified at how poor it was , and I never saw what so many people saw in Virtual Racing either

Comment

Forgive me for digging up an old argument but Sonic CD is the f*cking t!ts. I went back to it recently and wondered how the f*ck I liked it so much upon release as it played like a steaming pile. Then, after all these years, I discovered the whole 'good future' thing and the seemingly hideous level design all began to make sense. The whole point is to memorise the levels, looking for places where you can notch her up to 88mph and all that. Great stuff.

As for games that turned out to be crap, I'll go with the SFA series. I dunno what it is that I don't like about it (I love SFII/III), I just can't get on with it.

Comment

Another vote for Sonic CD here, I was really really looking forward to this when I finally got a mega CD, and I just couldn't see what the fuss was about. It was really cluttered and confusing and I really didn't like the level design, but as other comments have suggested, maybe I just haven't clicked with it yet. Looks really pretty though!

Comment

Originally posted by fizzycat View Post
          Another vote for Sonic CD here, I was really really looking forward to this when I finally got a mega CD, and I just couldn't see what the fuss was about. It was really cluttered and confusing and I really didn't like the level design, but as other comments have suggested, maybe I just haven't clicked with it yet. Looks really pretty though!
          eeeeeek! I Love Sonic CD! However, I think I know where the problem lies...
          The Past, Present and Future. This section of the game is just incredibly confusing. Which one youre meant to be in, if any at all at any given point makes no sense whatsoever...
          However, if you look at the game without the time travel, its a fantastic Sonic.
          The Bosses especially, I consider to be some of the best in the 16bit series. And the music is spot on for a Sonic game

Comment

Aww I love sonic CD - still great to me to this day. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes but I couldn't believe someone didn't like Okami - that game was so charming and damn playable it got me really back into gaming after so many by the numbers games.

For me, Godhand just seemed pretty rubbish (and not just intentionally rubiish) with an annoying amount of customisation where you never really knew if you were improving your guy or not. I really wanted to like it but sadly not to be.

Also, GTAIV - I have no idea why I dont really like it, I loved three but I played it a few days when I got it and found it pretty fun but now I never even want to load it up, it just seems like a bit of a chore doing the missions compared to the others.

Comment

Working...
            X