Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get round that PSP memory card thing, by initially saving the game on a 1GB stick and then copying the save to a larger one.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

After solving the problem with my Trinitron I completed Castle of Illusion tonight. I found it to be both charming and fun. Maui Mallard or Aladdin next, I think

Comment

Aladdin next, Matt!

Thanks, Joe. I will give that a go.

Edit:

Just watched some Maui Mallard. Lovely looking game. Platforming looks a little iffy. Turn speed seems too quick.

Comment

Yeah, I've played the first two levels so far. The animation is nice but you're right about the platforming. Also, in the second level you have to use your ninja staff thing to grab on to and swing from these points in the background, which is really dodgy. Constantly missing and passing through them, or sometimes you jump and press B to swing the staff and Donald just decides he'd rather not, haha.

Comment

Been playing on my saturn today. Loving panzer dragoon, but am worried about the high prices of saga nowadays. I know ill cave and buy it.

Comment

Playing Kid Dracula (Famicom) & tested out Keio Flying Squadron (Saturn) out...

Happy retro times

Comment

I finally beat Bald Bull in Punch-Out!!. It's taken me about a week to work out his patterns. Piston Honda part 2 doesn't seem overly difficult. This game is ****ing AWESOME.

I can get to the third boss in Sin & Punishment 2 now (it is retro right?). I can't beat him yet, though I like how he uses the word "Cur".
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I think I've beaten Kid Dracula (Famicom) enough this week, It really is a great game.
                  Been playing Baku Baku on the Saturn...smashing in some good records too

Comment

Played through a remake of an old acorn archemedes game called Cataclysm tonight and last night. The remake is on Xbox Live Indie Games and is called Aqualibrium. It appears to have the same original graphics, sound and levels. Very nicely done.

Comment

I Completed this BITD including Tyson, eventually with a perfect record.
                      I rebought it on VC-Wii a few years back and I was rusty as hell. I think it took me around a full week on and off to beat Sandman,
                      then I couldnt get past Super Macho Man.

I've bought this a few times in its original format down the line (years back) but last time was like I said and I couldnt beat it.
                      Tyson is easy mind.

I'll buy this again on Famicom now...it is a real class act.

Comment

BloodMoney (C64)
                        FelixThe Cat (NES)

Comment

Zelda no Densetsu: Yume o Miru Shima has been keeping me busy the past few days. That's Link's Awakening for those who do not know the Japanese title. A friend bought me a complete one from Japan as a gift so I decided to see if I could complete it. I have just completed the 6th dungeon and I still adore it.

Comment

Never quite managed to finish Link's Awakening, the fact that my 3DS's memory card corrupted when I was right near the end means I may never do it.

Comment

Finally, after much faffing, started playing MGS Peace Walker properly last night.

Got caught on the first level and had to shoot my way through!...

Much, much, higher production values than Portable Ops. Feels like a legit Metal Gear game.

Still can't get over the visuals. Must be pushing the PSP to the absolute limit.

Just wonder though, what control scheme did people use? I've played 3 hours and am using the default scheme with the PS buttons acting as camera and the shoulder buttons as action movements - punch, shoot, etc...

Appreciating David Hayters voice more since hearing the disappointing news about MGS 5.

Comment

I have only played an hour Luke but I used the default setup too. Works pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                                X