Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

especially if you don't bother to put an analogue stick on your christing controller! Even the atari 5200 had an analogue stick! Whatever.
    The Nights pad works a treat buddy,

I'm calling Yakumo to answer the rest ....................

Comment

Maybe it's just me but I think the Sonic R music is great. Controls are extremely dodgy though.

Comment

Originally posted by nintastic View Post
        The Nights pad works a treat buddy,

I'm calling Yakumo to answer the rest ....................

lol, yes I fear I will have to answer to him for my impudence.
        I've been looking for a Nights pad, but I'm holding out for a japanese Nights + pad boxset, but they don't come easily.

Comment

lol, yes I fear I will have to answer to him for my impudence.
          I've been looking for a Nights pad, but I'm holding out for a japanese Nights + pad boxset, but they don't come easily.
          They do if you know where to look, and your welcome to borrow one of my pads , I have plenty !

Sonic R - it's not the greatest but what it does is amazing , and the mario kart rainbow road ripof is pure class !

Comment

Come on man. Sonic R? I don't need no Tails doll to kill me, cos after about 3 minutes I wanted to shoot myself anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
              Maybe it's just me but I think the Sonic R music is great.
              Word, Richard Jacques Sonic R soundtrack is legendary, how can anyone not like "Living in the City" and "Can You Feel the Sunshine", you have no taste noobish

Comment

The lyrics to ''Work it Out'' aka the music to Reactive Factory

We all need to work together
                To build a better life
                To make it what we feel
                We have to make it real

We all need to remember
                That nothing in this world comes for free
                We have to make it what we want
                Just you and me and everybody

*Work it out, work it out, think about it
                Work it out, work it out, talk about it
                Work it out, work it out, make it happen
                Let's work it out, work it out

We have to make it real
                We got to make it real
                We got to make it real
                We got to make it real*
                We all know that life is harder
                It's getting harder day by day
                And we can show that we are trying
                To make it sure that everyone can say

You're the one I can depend on
                'Cause no one else is doing it right
                I'm someone you can rely on
                'Cause we're not giving up without a fight

or SuperSonic Racing ...................it's in me blimming head now !

Comment

yes. that truly speaks for itself. You've made me look a fool.

Comment

Sonic R is a legend game no doubt, I love it.

Been going through all my PC Engine games pretty much, probably put most time into Spriggan this week, awesomenal.

Comment

I'll grant that Sonic R was one of those 'you had to be there' games, I can imagine the point would be lost playing the game for the first time all these years later. It was quite a revelation for Saturn owners at the time, for quite a few reasons.

I won't say anything about the controls, cause I thought it played great.

The music was always going to be love/hate.... but they were lyrical by request of Yuji Naka, and you can enable instrumental versions in the options menu if they annoy you. I just thought they were really fun and cheesy, and such a contrast to what Richard Jacques did in the Saturn version of Sonic 3D. I thought the stage design and layouts were great, with plenty of alternate routes to discover, and lots of unlockables.

But significantly for the time, it pioneered a lot of graphical effects as two-finger-salute to people who said they couldn't be done on the Saturn. Be it the reflective water, or the completely transparent Radiant Emerald stage (Saturn can't do transparencies huh?), very few developers achieved what Travellers Tales did in Sonic R on a technical level. There were a lot of calls for the engine to be used in other games, especially the disasterpiece that was AM3's Sega Touring Car Championship engine which came out at the same time.

Anyway, me and a mate have been playing Street Fighter III 3rd Strike for the past two weeks. We're pretty convinced that the art direction and character roster is miles above what we've seen in Street Fighter IV, and while we're trying to approach it with an open mind, we're having trouble seeing why we'd switch.

Comment

Just completed Banjo. God, does that game have the most protracted ending or what? First you collect enough stuff and think "now I'm going to get you, you old hag". Then you realise you have to

swat up on all the answers for that ridiculous quiz.

Queue boring "cast list". Then, when you've done that and sussed the

joker cards

, you get upstairs and find

another series of note doors.

Without these you don't stand a chance against Grunty (extra health). Run off and collect a bunch more notes. Then you defeat her

(after quite a drawn-out fight)

and have to watch rest of the tedious cast list. Then you realise you need to go back and get the last few jiggies to see the

secret pictures.

(Think I spoiler tagged all the relevant parts!)

When I saw that I had 72 jiggies last week I thought it would be over in a couple of days. A week later I've finally finished; phew!

100 jiggies, 900 notes. Can't be arsed with the honeycomb pieces. Which, IIRC, was the same decision I made when I completed it for the first time, a decade ago!
                        Last edited by egparadigm; 15-01-2009, 20:39.

Comment

Completed Banjo&Kazooie on 360 as well this week, it thought it was quite fun again. I remember much more then I thought I would when I was playing this again (completed it back then on N64 as well) . Found everything without any big problems, the tricky ones I still rememered from when I played it on the N64.
                          I have to admit it was still very enjoyable to play on the 360.

can't remember though how to enter the secret cave at the Sharkbay.....

I also never found out how the enter the secret door in Gobi's Valley where the camel is lying (he gives you a honeycomb as well when you stomp him for the 2nd time)

and I never found out how to get the ICE key .....
                          Last edited by TheForce; 16-01-2009, 10:59.

Comment

You never could get those things, they were meant to be unlockable with Stop 'N' Swop. You could only unlock photos of them.

Maybe if they release Banjo Tooie on XBLA they'll have Stop 'N' Swop implemented?

Comment

Wooohooo! You can now add me to the "I've completed Secret Of Mana" list

Comment

Wooohooo! You can now add me to the "I've completed Secret Of Mana" list
                                With the help of a guide !

Comment

Working...
                                X