Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks excellent Nakamura. Since it's got RPG elements, how much Japanese language do you have to wade through to your upgrade your motor etc?

Comment

Upgrading is very simple, the easiest part in fact. All you do is buy parts and clip them in available spaces. The higher level your engine, chassis or body, the more mods you can make.
      You can mix and match all types of parts. For example, I have a SW20 MR2 chassis and body with a VG series engine from a Nissan 300zx. Them I bolted on a super charger and some other mods.

Modding verges on fantasy at times but it's really well designed. Torque, weight, brakes etc all make real differences to gameplay.

Comment

I know nothing about cars so it's all fantasy to me!

Will give the game a try as it looks great.

Comment

Handling takes some practise, very analogue feel to it and the collisions aren't the best. Other than that, I love it

Comment

I've recently been playing the first Initial D title on PS1 - which has totally nutty handling - so I should be OK after a bit of practise as you say.

Is it NegCon compatible?

Comment

Not sure. Don't think so. I find it better with analogue stick and external view. It's weird in first person view.

I want to get Initial D on PS3

Comment

Me too. Hammered it in the arcade on a holiday to Japan and subsequently in London and spent an untold amount of money. The UK version of the cab was hampered significantly by the loss of the fun and addictive online mode though unfortunately.

It takes a beating from people for supposedly not being as good as Special Stage on PS2 because the cars 'auto drift'. The drift model is certainly much easier to control than in the PS1 and PS2 titles but for me ID always 'auto drifted' - you literally just push the stick in a direction to drift.

My impressions of it are literally from 5 - 6 years ago though so I'll have to give it another try. Genki have brand new Best versions for about ?25.

The PS1 game is actually a nice title, I enjoy it. It's one of those PS1 racers where I find it much easier with the NegCon due to a lack of compatibility with the analog stick pad.

Comment

Auto drift you say? The entire series is like that anyway. I'm not a mega fan of the PS2 game but still want to try it on PS3.
                  Racing Lagoon is much better to drift imo although it's not a drift game.

Comment

Ive now managed to get a US SNES and so far this week have been having a little play of Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Castlevania 4 and the Secret of Mana. Aside from Bloodborne most of my gaming interest is taken up with stuff from the 16 bit era at the moment.

Comment

Cracking list there. Need to locate myself a reasonably priced Super Metroid cartridge - want to get stuck in with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                        I've been playing Final Fight Guy on the SFC and it's only reminded me to play the arcade version more.
                        The main reason the Super Nintendo version is weak, is because it was an early release and Capcom decided against using an expensive 16mb cartridge. It was also made at a time when most developers didn't know how to get the most out of the hardware. If Capcom had released a remixed 16mb version a couple of years later, I'm sure it would have been a far more satisfying conversion.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 30-04-2015, 00:19.

Comment

Super Hang-On followed by Streets of Rage 2 hooked up to the big speakers.

Comment

My phone SIM reader needed fixing, so whilst it was away, I swapped back to the XPeria Play. Rude not to try some games whilst it was out.

Aliens Vs. Predator and No One Can Stop Mr. Domino. I love that quirky game, but I couldn't even do the first mission so he was quite easily stopped.

Comment

I need to get me a copy of Mr. Domino!

Comment

I got Alex Kid in Shinobi world in a game bundle I picked up. Was never, ever an AK fan back in the day but thought I'd at least stick this on for a try since it was sitting, much to my surprise I really liked it as it's a fun little game.

Comment

Working...
                                X