Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@nakamura: just bought this on eBay, based on your recommendation. I'd never heard of it before, but it looks pretty good: reviews are mixed but the ones who liked it *really* liked it. Something to play after the kids' half-term ends...

Comment

Scurge Hive? It's excellent, a really enjoyable game. I want to play it again myself!

Comment

Another mixed bag over the last month for me but I have also been working through the Vic20 game catalogue for something I am working on which has been a mixture of pleasure and pain lol.
        (Atari2600) - Jr Pacman , BerzerkWho (Homebrew),Venture
        (C64) Scramble (2105 Homebrew)
        (Arcade) Scramble , Astro Fighter , Nostradamus
        (Vic 20) Cosmic Firebirds ,Cloud Burst and around a hundred other titles.
        (Intellivision) Venture
        (Coleco) Venture
        (Game Gear) Wizard Pinball

Comment

Completed Racing Lagoon last Friday and was very sorry it ended. Packed in so much stuff, uphill, downhill, gymkhana, snow racing, C1, Wangan, chicken racing, drag racing and more.
          A real pity we didn't get a localisation or a sequel. Lots to like despite a few flaws.

Comment

Chapter 11 on SMT Devil Summoner on PS2. Been a very enjoyable game with the usual Megaten flair. Well paced too.

Comment

Okay, I've been playing two games a lot recently although neither are retro:

Ni No Kuni (DS) - played about 6 hours in when it was first released but couldn't really get into it due to the language barrier. However, since the Spanish translation was released - and what a professional job the team made of it - I have been able to appreciate it to its fullest. My, what a beautiful game it is.

Phantasy Star Zero (DS) - always had a soft spot for PSO - it's one of the finest games ever crafted IMO - so since discovering the alternative Nintendo WFC server I've really been enjoying revisiting PSO's baby brother.

Comment

Rapid Hero/Arcadia (JAMMA) - Very addictive shooter with a great sound track. You chase a mech through space - with each encounter he gets bigger and stronger.

ゲーム/Game: ラピッドヒーロー/Rapid Heroプレイヤー/Player: trap15スコア/Score: 2,764,430ステージ/Stage: ALLMy first ever clear of this ended up being a no-miss. Welp.

Comment

Set my old XBox up to the Big LCD and been playing SpikeOut, Orta , GV and also Richard Burns Rally - which is hands down one of the best racers ever made and most prob the best sim game going , Such a shame the game never sold better

Comment

Finished Devil Summoner on PS2. Really good game. Well paced, well balanced difficulty too. Weighed in at 26 hours.

Comment

Started playing Super Metroid Z Factor yesterday. Seems like a well put together rom hack so far.

Comment

Going for 120 stars on super Mario 64 (virtual console)

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          Richard Burns Rally - which is hands down one of the best racers ever made and most prob the best sim game going , Such a shame the game never sold better
                          I was obsessed with RalliSport Challenge 2, so didn't buy Richard Burns Rally. Also, I remember people saying it was really hard to control and therefore frustrating. I think I'll pick up a copy and see what I think. I bet it still looks quite nice, seeing it's an Xbox game.

Comment

I don't get the love for RS2. Handling doesn't feel as good as WRC or Colin and it's just way too fast. Blurry as heck too.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              I don't get the love for RS2. Handling doesn't feel as good as WRC or Colin and it's just way too fast. Blurry as heck too.
                              I remember the image looking quite soft, but after playing through all the different types of tracks, the game really impressed me. It had really tight handling, so you didn't feel the game was unfair or too harsh, and the speed was incredible. Just a whole lot of fun; and on some tracks, you got a strong Sega Rally vibe. I need to go back to it and run it in 480P.

Comment

I found it the polar opposite of Sega Rally, especially the first. Handling and speed is so smooth and graceful in Rally.

I did like the Rally cross mode though. The speed worked to its advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X