Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't I buy my copy of Sin and Punishment from you, or was that someone else?

I've been playing Pokemon Red on my new Game Boy Pocket. Managed to get a nice condition GBP (quite difficult in Taiwan, they manage to totally wreck everything somehow). Only the screen was badly scratched up so I just replaced the lens with a new one this morning and it looks pimp. Lots of memories coming back with Pokemon (I've been listening to crappy music from 1998/1999 as well).

Comment

Not me noobs, I've been meaning to play it on the N64 since the year dot. Speedy is sorting mine out with a console
      Are you still doing the n64 blog....

Comment

It's been on hold because I haven't been able to get a tv that will display a PAL signal. I've also been busy with my son and most of my gaming has been done on the train to work lately (I was actually commissioning a portable N64, but got no more replies from the guy). I also have only a couple more N64 magazines with me, the rest being in England. So a lot of factors getting in the way

Comment

Sorry to hear that....I never knew about that cool mini pad until I starting reading the thread

Comment

They are fantastic. I have a black one as well now. Still looking for an ice blue and white system to go with my Hori controller, they would look great together.

Comment

i have been hammering aload of CPSII and neo geo games at the moment; Street fighter zeros , Vampire saviours etc and metal slugs, rage of the dragons, garou etc. After extensive tweaking i managed to get them looking the best i have ever seen them running using the framemeisters D terminal connection (outputting from component 720p (original xbox/FBA XXX pro) and upscaled to output 1080p), with full scanlines, perfect geometry, fantastic colour reproduction and pretty much non detectable lag. I have been buying some new arcade artwork/bezels/movelists for a load of the games too which i hope to present tastefully around the play area. Pics soon!

Comment

Pics Andy, that would be cool :-)
                Also, what do you play your original games on, have you got a cab or supergun mate?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  Pics Andy, that would be cool :-)
                  Also, what do you play your original games on, have you got a cab or supergun mate?
                  Snapped a few quickly tonight, in a darkened room, but Just cant quite capture the amazing quality with my camera; it looks awesome in motion though. Will try to get better ones soon.

Some 360 shooters, along with a few capcom fighters, give a very 'arcade' look the games.

Last edited by dvdx2; 10-08-2015, 22:26.

Comment

Can you post the Framemeister settings you are using?

Comment

Very Nice Andy

Comment

I'm playing Initial D: Special Stage and getting a sound beating every time I race Bunta. The guy is too damn fast.

Comment

Just can't beat stage 3 (at the moment) on Comix Zone...few things to work out....
                          going to go back to it soon though :-)
                          (Please no spoilers!)

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                            I'm playing Initial D: Special Stage and getting a sound beating every time I race Bunta. The guy is too damn fast.

Currently rewatching First Stage (one of my favourite animes), so I cracked this out too. Started again and enjoying it as much as ever. Only up to the second course and up against Mako and Sayuki so far though.

Must pick up Extra Stage on PS3 at some point, I played it to death in the arcade a few years ago though.

Also been playing a lot of Outrun 2 SP again recently, particularly over the weekend - running through Coast2Coast mode and just working through getting at least an A rank on everything before going back to attempt AAA. I've run through it before several times but it's just a game that absolutely never gets old for me. Love it.

Always on the lookout for a reasonably priced copy as it runs imperfectly from internal HDD - the music in arcade mode is broken and some of the purchasable BGMs in console mode don't work either :/ DVDX2 grabbed the last reasonably priced copy on here as I recall.

Looking forward to getting a nice comprehensively modded NTSC-J Saturn from Speedo soon, too. Powerslave/Exhumed, Sega Rally and the WARP titles are top of the list on there. If anyone has a grey Saturn controller can they give me a shout, too?

Originally posted by ShadowDancer
                            Just can't beat stage 3 (at the moment) on Comix Zone...few things to work out....
                            going to go back to it soon though :-)
                            (Please no spoilers!)

That game, for me anyway, is ridiculously hard. I can never get anywhere!
                            Last edited by wakka; 25-08-2015, 10:27.

Comment

Just Completed Comix Zone - Oh Yeah!

Last edited by ShadowDancer; 25-08-2015, 12:13.

Comment

Mad skillz o/\o

Are you regretting selling that Mai version NeoGeo PS2 stick to me now you've got a PS2 and a stack of SNK fighters back?

Comment

Working...
                                X