Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time i hear that music i think of all the bloody medusa heads in the clock tower!

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
      Every time i hear that music i think of all the bloody medusa heads in the clock tower!
      Yeah, most infuriating bit in the game, but the stopwatch is your friend!

Comment

I put far too much time into Bizarre Creation's Formula 1, it still looks good plus Murray Walker commentates I also beat Full Throttle, very short whch kind of suited me tbh.

Comment

Had a few hours on the dolphin emulator this week, MKD and Luigi's mansion. Also been playing quit a bit of cotton 100% on the snes.

Comment

Ejoying a bit of PS2 action at the mo'.

NiGHTS into Dreams on the PS2 is fantastic. Lovely update, and particularly fine looking in 480p. Once you're used to using the DualShock2 it's spot on. This is how updates of classics should be handled.

Gradius V. Even without a stick it's still amazing. Best hori ever imo.

Futari No Fantavision. Had fond memories of this but going back I'm not quite so keen. It's frustrating trying to select the shell you need when it's obscured by one you don't. But maybe that's what makes it a challenge

Comment

Just started on Ganbare Goemon 2 on the GBA.

Lovely port, but the screen resolution difference from the SFC original means some sections are extremely frustrating. Numerous deaths so far but damn that game is good.

And for added win, once I've completed that, I'll make a start on the first SFC Goemon. Can't beat a good old 2-in-1 compilation cart, especially when it's two of Konami's finest SFC titles.

Comment

Deep into Terranigma now. Just got a lovely boat and can trawl the world trying to improve it.

Comment

Playing the acrade versions of Contra and Super Contra, managed to get both games down so I can clear them in 1 credit each!

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                    Playing the acrade versions of Contra and Super Contra, managed to get both games down so I can clear them in 1 credit each!
                    Respect +100

You a fan of the Metal Slug series too?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                      Just started on Ganbare Goemon 2 on the GBA.

Lovely port, but the screen resolution difference from the SFC original means some sections are extremely frustrating. Numerous deaths so far but damn that game is good.

And for added win, once I've completed that, I'll make a start on the first SFC Goemon. Can't beat a good old 2-in-1 compilation cart, especially when it's two of Konami's finest SFC titles.
                      Fair play, absolutely love Ganbare Goemon.. my snes has made a welcome return to favour after picking up a vga upscaler/scanline generator crafted by mmmonkey, its a wonderous thing I still find myself spending way too long playing the little games at the amusement section though

Comment

Indeed I am only the early ones mind, can clear the orginal metal slug in one credit without a problem. I've been trying for years to clear it without dying as well best I ever did was level six in one go. I can clear ever stage on it's own without dying but could never do all six in one run.

Comment

Finished PC TR2/Golden Mask - enjoyed what must be my fourth fulll replay of TR2 and loved the Golden Mask extra levels. Like TR3 The Lost Artifact I've wanted to play these versions for almost 12 years and now I have they haven't disappointed.

Decided I'd fancy a bit more old TR sometime so have been trying to sort out and install the original TR + the additional PC Unfinished Business levels to run on my laptop. Not as easy as I'd hoped and far more complex than getting TR2 or TR3 working. Hampered by the fact the easiest legal solution (or illegal for that matter) isn't available to me due to my dial-up connection.
                          Last edited by fallenangle; 21-09-2011, 11:32.

Comment

^The best way to play TR1 and Unfinished Business is using a Glide wrapper called Glidos. The game used 3DFX Glide instead of Direct 3D, but because the game was also DOS rather than Windows, Glidos is the one you need.

You also might want to look into this high resolution texture pack.

Comment

Played a bit of SSFIIX - as part of the Street Fighter Collection [JP SAT]. I remember thinking in the SNES days that Super was the bees-knees and I'd heard since that the Saturn version was the best home conversion. But I must admit, playing it was a little dull to be honest. We're spoilt with the likes of Alpha, Third Strike & the VS. series.

Comment

Strange as I have been hammering the SNES version and finding it nice and tactical and pretty exciting to play. It's not overloaded with flashy moves but pulling off tough combos is exciting.

Comment

Working...
                                X