Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S3M View Post
    I highly recommend the battle archive ports however.
    Anyone know if the PAL version of the first is a decent effort? I don't think the second got a release over here.

Comment

I'd love to play an English language Seiken Densetsu 3 one day. Is there a solution to play it on a Super Famicom (anyone knocking modded carts together anywhere)?

Comment

You can get them here:

Comment

Nice one, cheers for that. Even in US cart shape I might go for one of those at some point *regrets giving 3 universal snes adapters away a couple of years back*

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
            Anyone know if the PAL version of the first is a decent effort? I don't think the second got a release over here.
            You would be asking the right man, as I have the PAL version of the first one, excellant port as far as I can tell the only difference with the Japanese version is the online play option has been taken out, might also be the censored blood free version of the games, can't say the lack of blood really bothers me however for FF.

PAL version includes a 60HZ option and comes with the arranged sound track, nigh on perfect emulation of the first four fatal fury games, comes with a nice full colour manual as well.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
              You would be asking the right man, as I have the PAL version of the first one, excellant port as far as I can tell the only difference with the Japanese version is the online play option has been taken out, might also be the censored blood free version of the games, can't say the lack of blood really bothers me however for FF.

PAL version includes a 60HZ option and comes with the arranged sound track, nigh on perfect emulation of the first four fatal fury games, comes with a nice full colour manual as well.
              Excellent stuff, thanks

Comment

Or rather I should say it includes both the original and arranged versions of the sound track on the game disc, the way I had worded it previously almost sounded like it came with a free music CD. Which would be ace if it did but it doesn't sadly, still Fatal Fury 3 and Special are still classic game to play even the original is still a blast it's aged very well.
                Last edited by S3M; 13-01-2012, 15:17.

Comment

Just took delivery of a rather nice Pulstar MVS>AES conversion, complete with shockbox, insert, manual, the works ... v/professional job

Like View Point a month back it's been 10 years since I played this gem and it's just as brilliant as it ever was. Pretty much a 10/10 game across the board for me (only minor gripe would be some of the slowdown). As well as the famously awesome graphics & gameplay it's got one of my favourite soundtracks ever; the level 2 music and game over/continue music are enough to give you goosebumps. Mixed with top drawer presentation and gorgeous levels it makes for one of the most atmospheric shooters I've ever played.

Comment

I've been hearing about Cave Story for years but never had the chance to play it until now.

Absolutely delightful - story: the usual weird bollocks though well told but the gameplay is just the sort of old scholl 2D platforming I'd hoped it would have. Inventive and clever with simple, responsive controls (supports joypad use) - I'm having huge fun playing it.

It also provoked a web search for other similar freeware and I came across Nilllas Games Knytt(Stories). Only had a quick go so far but they play and look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Just took delivery of a rather nice Pulstar MVS>AES conversion, complete with shockbox, insert, manual, the works ... v/professional job

Like View Point a month back it's been 10 years since I played this gem and it's just as brilliant as it ever was. Pretty much a 10/10 game across the board for me (only minor gripe would be some of the slowdown). As well as the famously awesome graphics & gameplay it's got one of my favourite soundtracks ever; the level 2 music and game over/continue music are enough to give you goosebumps. Mixed with top drawer presentation and gorgeous levels it makes for one of the most atmospheric shooters I've ever played.
                      Probably better off with a conversion these days, at least you know what you're getting. Sold a genuine one not so long back and had to crack it open and take photos of the boards to prove it wasn't a fake. Scary thing to have to do on such a valuable game, broke my heart as I marked the sides of the cart case a little doing it. Awesome game though!

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        had to crack it open and take photos of the boards to prove it wasn't a fake.
                        Probably covered you at the same time (like some sellers record serial numbers prior to shipping these days) ... some sketchy mofos out there That's why I try and limit my trading to here and vgi, bar the odd exception.

You've got a good point actually. I bought it thinking I might replace it one day with an original AES ver but maybe I'll be just as content with this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
                          the fan translated version of seiken densetsu 3 for me. the story is kind of mundane but the graphics, music and bosses are truly epic. I sometimes wonder what it would it would have been like if the snes was still going today and there had never been any new consoles.
                          I have that ready to play this yeah and very much looking forward to it. Need to find time to squeeze it in somewhere!

Comment

Played through Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa, kind of mad and fun but it felt very inconsistent, was surprised by how easy the last boss was considering everything the past 3 levels/boss threw at me.

I also put a few hours into River City Ransom. Maxed out most of my stats tonight so I should be ready to finish it when I go back to it tomorrow.

Comment

Mario picross on GB..

Comment

i'm toying with a new upscaler for my monitor and have played

raiden dx (PS1)
                                Last Gladiators (Sat)
                                Tekken 2 (ps1)
                                F-zero (N64)
                                1080 (N64)

Comment

Working...
                                X