Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jurrasic Park on the SNES today, via PSP. I never really liked it back in the day, just not my sort of thing but now I think it is superb.

Comment

Playing Resident Evil remake on cube, hard as nails, gonna start it again on easy cos so far I just keep dying.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Jurrasic Park on the SNES today
        I remember getting stuck in some glitchy doors on a 3D bit during a decent length gaming session. I never went back

Comment

Oh and also Super Mario Sunshine, dusted the cube off today, great game I dont know why I hated it so much at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            I remember getting stuck in some glitchy doors on a 3D bit during a decent length gaming session. I never went back
            It is a bit tricky but I found it overall fine today. If you can excuse the hardware, it is a superbly atmospheric game.

Comment

Umihara Kawase on PlayStation. Was never any good at the more advanced techniques in this (the rolling demos still have me scratchnig my head) but even at a basic level I love playing it. And I'm a sucker for the abstract look and plinky plonky tunes. Tis a lovely little game

Metal Slug 3 on PS2. Wish it was 240p but even as it is it's a tremendous version of my fave in the series. Blasting those big bugs apart on level 1 with the Super Grenade is an instant reminder of what I love about this game. Now I need a Neo Stick for the PS2. Anyone?

Comment

Stunt Race FX overclocked and I love it! It is a bit smoother but a lot more responsive to play. My play times were so much faster than before though so I cannot send them in to Super Play.

Comment

Played through What's Shenmue last night. An interesting demo piece and definitley should be in a Shenmue fan's collection just to see all the little differences in the pre-release Yokosuka. Seems to cost pennies now too.

Comment

Had a bit of Amiga action this week.

Xenon 2 Megablast Still utter p*sh. Jerky movement and poor animation. Really is as bad as I remembered it to be. I need to try the MS and MD versions sometime for comparison.

Puggsy Making me nostalgic for the Mega CD version. Frustrating controls. It recognises that I'm using a two button controller and offers to make use of the spare button for jump. Problem is it still has USE mapped to the space bar!

Killing Game Show Small play area but runs very smoothly and plays well. Has a nice reflective water line rather than the maroon goop in the MD version.

Wonderdog Quite a bit different from the Mega-CD version graphically but plays in much the same fashion.

Street Fighter 2 Simply awful.

Wolfchild I enjoyed this on the Mega CD and this version is much the same apart from the inferior graphics.

Project X Would not load...

Comment

Street Fighter 2 on the Amiga? Are you insane? I'd rather paper cut my japs-eye than play that game.

Comment

It was in the box so I thought I would try it. I knew it was meant to be poor and it really is.

Makes Rise of the Robots look pretty good.

Comment

I have downloaded an Atari 5200 and 7800 emulator so i am trying those,also playing Panzer Front (PS) and Ghouls`n Ghosts (SMS)

Comment

Best thing about Xenon 2 is that Intro. Of course you could just listen to the actual song but it's cool hearing it on the Amiga.

Anyway, I've been playing some Tomb Raider 2, also resumed playing Fire Emblem. Currently on Chapter 23 but I keep being impatient and trying to rush level my characters which lead to them dieing.

I also played "how much of this PC can I kill" when I somehow managed to flip the voltage switch on the back of the PSU while plugging in the power cable... All I wanted to do was play Freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by aticatac View Post
                              I have downloaded an Atari 5200 and 7800 emulator so i am trying those,also playing Panzer Front (PS) and Ghouls`n Ghosts (SMS)
                              Panzer Front - best tank game ever? Played it on PS and DC (graphically superior) and a long time later found a sensibly priced copy of PS Jap NTSC Panzer Front Bis. at Play Asia. The latter is a prized possession, beautiful condition for a used game too. Came with a comprehensive map editor which I still can't fathom due to the instruction being Japanese and all the PF Bis manual English translation website links are dead.

Would love to be able to get hold of those many player created missions that were available but again now all the sources have dried up.

The Panzer Front forum is virtually dead too but it has some good and still applicable information about getting the original up and running by PS emulation on the PC. Better graphics apparently, although I doubt as good as the DC version. But I'm going to try it out on my laptop sometime just to see if I can get it to work.

Utterly inexplicable that such a good game has never been followed up on the current generation of consoles or PC for that matter. The later PS2 Panzer Front Auf. B was a flawed and very dry affair only made for really hardcore fans of the original.

Currently playing: PC The Longest Journey. Actually only installed (4 x CD version) last night and what a palaver that was thanks mainly to WinXP issues and an unhelpfully slow working and uncertain install menu system.

I loved Dreamfall TLJ on the Xbox and the original had consequently always been the first must play PC retro title on my wish list. When I eventually got a machine capable of running it TLJ was the first PC game I bought . Even on such short acquaintence I know it is not going to dissappoint me. Hopefully the one game stopping bug there can, be according to a few other forums I've been on, doesn't rear it's ugly head. Easily the best looking (and sounding) game I've managed to get running despite being fixed at 480x640.
                              Last edited by fallenangle; 14-12-2011, 13:03.

Comment

another big fan of panzer front (dreamcast). I really wanted to like bis, but once you have played the DC version, the ps1 version is so clunky in comparasion. (although you can drive the maus in bis). Auf b was a mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X