Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing Star Parodia on the PC Engine Duo, loving it.

Comment

Have you read PC Engine Gamer? There's a bit of a Star Parodia feature in issue 7, including a little interview I did with the designer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Recently picked up Zelda: A Link to the Past for the GBA - thanks Buster Broon.

I've played the 3D Zelda's (OoT, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess) to death so it'll be interesting to see the series routes. So far I'm at the first temple and the thing that's hit me instantly is this is not as forgiving as the 3D ones; you mess up and your soon dead.

Will play some more tonight but so far I've really enjoyed what I've played.
        Playing Lttp for the first time ever? You lucky so & so - such a brilliant game.

Comment

he he. I'm starting to see why it is so beloved. Just got to the part where Link finds the Master Sword.

Comment

Kit, have you have played a video game before joining here?

Comment

ha ha. It does look that way doesn't it. ;p

Comment

If you want other similar games when you're done with LttP, I'd recommend Illusion of Time, Gunman's Proof, and Marvelous.

Comment

Started and finished Mickey's Magical Quest on the SNES. Still a really nice game with excellent variation in the level. Bit short overall but far from easy. If it didn't have infinite continues it would be very tricky to finish.

My daughter is playing it now and improving!

Comment

Day of the tentacle

Comment

DreamMix TV World Fighters. Having a lot of fun with this Smash Bros clone; I just can't get over having Bomberman, Optimus Prime, Solid Snake and Barbie (well, her Japanese sister) in a game where they beat the crap out of each other.

Also been playing Skies of Arcadia Legends. I got out of it a month ago but I'm determined to finish it. Roughly halfway through as it stands.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Started and finished Mickey's Magical Quest on the SNES. Still a really nice game with excellent variation in the level. Bit short overall but far from easy. If it didn't have infinite continues it would be very tricky to finish.

I only found a couple of sections challenging, but then these days I'd probably struggle all the way through. Still need the GBA port!

Comment

Also played some dizzy

Comment

Which Dizzy have you been playing?

Comment

Prince of the yolk folk

Comment

Ah, I'm looking forward to playing that on the Game Gear compilation, but it's rare as all hell!

Comment

Working...
                                X