Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need all the shmups, I would recommend DDP DoJ and ESPGaluda though - they're both cracking ports. Ibara + Mushi are expensive and not really worth it due to poor ports imo.

Comment

Been playing a bit of Alex the Kidd and Super Hang On on the SVC collection.. bloody love those scanlines!!

I STILL can't beat the junior course aswel!!

Comment

Been playing Scret of Mana 2 this week, about 8 or so hours in at the moment.

Comment

I always wanted to play Mana 2 ... shame it never got an official western release.

Comment

Liking it so far mate, the translated version is excellent.

Comment

Glad to hear, it is something I will get around to playing eventually.

Comment

Started up Resident Evil 2 on the Dreamcast last night and I have to say just how frightening the game is. Not because of the crude graphics or sounds but because of the real threat that you could pretty much die at any time due to a lack of ammo/health and that you havent been able to save in a looong time. This threat just doesn't exist in most modern games were your position is saved every other minute. Can't wait to get back to it tonight.

Comment

Alpine Racer 3 on my new PS2 and it's an absolutely cracking blast . Bright, brash Namco arcade action with slick music, menus and a rock solid, fast 3D engine. Was worried it wouldn't hold up without the cool arcade boards and skis hardware but still plenty of depth to it on the console. It's nice fast paced racing with a high degree of turning preparation in advance but also scoring benefits/penalties for jumps, tricks and crashes.

Comment

Made a fair bit of progress in Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Collected the grappling hook, hammer and the magic cape, since I last posted and am on my way to the Skull dungeon. Starting to get a little more difficult and this particular dungeon/temple is absolutely massive! at this point I'm of the opinion Ocarina of Time is the better game, but can see the merits of A Link to the Past.

Comment

Been playing some Megaman on Megaman Anniversary Collection for the GC.

I don't like that A is fire and B is jump - Atomic Planet really messed up there. However, as I've never played Megaman before, it doesn't bother me as it might to other Megaman veterans, as I just treat it like getting used to controls of other new games. One question I have is whether the NES versions of the games had an autofire command? These games have it allocated to the Y button of the controller, but obviously the NES only had 2 face buttons. I ask because it makes the games a lot easier, and I want to play the games as authentically as possible to how they were on the NES.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Made a fair bit of progress in Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Collected the grappling hook, hammer and the magic cape, since I last posted and am on my way to the Skull dungeon. Starting to get a little more difficult and this particular dungeon/temple is absolutely massive! at this point I'm of the opinion Ocarina of Time is the better game, but can see the merits of A Link to the Past.
                        I think Ocarina and LttP are too different to compare. For me, the real tough decision is between LttP and Link's Awakening!

The skull dungeon was one of two points that made me leave the game for a long time through not knowing what to do (no internet back then). I think I'd forgotten that there is more than one entrance to the dungeon.

Comment

Final Fantasy Tactics has held my attention for the last week and 9 hours play time. I have owned it pretty much since it came out on PS1 but could never get on with S-RPGs. Now I adore it and I knew one day it would get me.

Comment

Have you got Tactics Advance? Onimusha Tactics too, when you're through with that.

Comment

I will look for Tactics Advance. There was a mint one in a local indy for a tenner a while back, bloody passed it up.

Comment

I'm really not a fan of SRPGs, but I LOVE the graphics of these types.

Comment

Working...
                                X