Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the end was where it went into disaster status. It was like they were trying to be really clever but too late in development. The game was nicely spread out until that point.

Comment

Being Playing Fifa 12 and Fight Night Round 3, creating my own noobish boxer and "dancing in the ring with Joe Frazier"

Comment

Finished MGS Twin Snakes.

I enjoyed it overall but it is poorly programmed for the most part and the cut scenes suck. I put MGS2 on afterwards and despite being three years older it not only controlled much better but it also looked much better.

Just wondering if I should sell it now.

Comment

You should VGA it.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ha!

Seems to go for a few quid on Ebay. Might chop it in as I still have the superior original.

Comment

Art of Fighting.

The game ends on a cliffhanger!

Just who was that final boss?

Comment

Just had my first evening playing clock tower on the SFC.

Shocked by how immersive this game is, really had to drag myself away, can't wait to see what happens next.

Comment

SNES ActRiaser and SoulBlazer.

GameCube Burnout 2 (its 10 years old so I'm calling it retro-ish)

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Ha!

Seems to go for a few quid on Ebay. Might chop it in as I still have the superior original.
                    No might about it Martin. Get it gone.

Comment

Finished MGS Twin Snakes.

I enjoyed it overall but it is poorly programmed for the most part and the cut scenes suck. I put MGS2 on afterwards and despite being three years older it not only controlled much better but it also looked much better.

Just wondering if I should sell it now.
                      im just debating whether or not to sell mine actually, i've never even had a proper go on it, spent ages wanting it and when i got it i just couldnt be bothered to play it :-)

been playing loads on my modded MD and Super famicom at the mo, loving the everdrives i now have and wonder how i ever really put up with playing games with borders and slower. Bare Knuckle 3 has given me lots of entertainment recently

Comment

Two new retro arrivals for me; Metal Slug Advance and Metroid Fusion - thank you Buster!
                        First time playing both series and so far I'm in gaming nirvana.

I was firstly really surprised by the quality of the presentation in Metroid Fusion. It's absolutely astounding for a 2D game from what, 02/03? the intro did go on a bit longer than it needed to (sure they could have edited it better) but so far I'm really enjoying it.

Metal Slug is not the game I was expecting it to be. At first glance I thought it would have more in common with Contra but it seems to be a bit more tactical? need to play it some more, but I'm finding it really enjoyable also - liking the close combat aspect!

Comment

Woah. Rewind. Fusion is your first Metroid game? I've.. got.. to.. do... something!

Comment

You could leave him to enjoy it.
                            Last edited by nakamura; 08-11-2012, 14:42.

Comment

Ha!

Comment

You could leave him to enjoy it.
                                That's like leaving someone to enjoy the Phantom Menace, without their ever having seen Empire Strikes Back. You can't not slap them in the brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X