Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, i'm not really but I kept Tactics and Disgaea just in case. I absolutely love Tactics right now.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      I will look for Tactics Advance. There was a mint one in a local indy for a tenner a while back, bloody passed it up.
      How good is your Japanese? I have a JP board in a PAL cart. I think I have a few more titles as well

Comment

At the moment Gargoyles Quest II on Nes and various Snes shooters like the Parodius series,Macross (Valkaryie) and Darius Twin

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Well, i'm not really but I kept Tactics and Disgaea just in case. I absolutely love Tactics right now.
          Dude if you do end up doing a Disgaea go for 2 on the PSP it's brilliant and very funny!

Comment

WonderBoy (On the Monster World Collection/PS2) aim is to 1CC...making progress...hope I can manage it!
            Last edited by ShadowDancer; 12-09-2012, 21:17. Reason: edit.

Comment

I've been meaning to revisit Silent Hill, so I've started playing Silent Hill on the PSX emulator on my phone.

Man, this game was...foggy.

But good.

Really, I'm just waiting to get back into Silent Hill 2. Haven't done it since it was brand new on my PS2.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                The skull dungeon was one of two points that made me leave the game for a long time through not knowing what to do (no internet back then). I think I'd forgotten that there is more than one entrance to the dungeon.
                Think you're right, Noobish! struggled a bit to get through the skull dungeon (easy to get lost) but I completed it in the end; for such a tricky dungeon the end boss was quite straightforward.

Making my way through the thieves town atm. Just found a little frog chap who needs me to take him back to the light world. Think I know where I'm going next, (already found the hidden dungeon in the town) so I'm going to load up on fairies (lol), find where this frog belongs, then head towards the next dungeon.

Comment

I like how depressing and dingy a lot of that game is.

Comment

I'm not really into football, but I've always had a soft spot for the Super Sidekicks series, so this week I've been playing Super Sidekicks 3 on the Neo Geo.

I love the presentation such as the goal celebrations and the humorous non-licensed names, but the game seems a bit biased towards the CPU and is a little frustrating.

When they kick off, there's about a one second delay before your character can start moving! The "Chance!" opportunities never seem to come to much and their goalie is always amazing. It doesn't automatically switch to the nearest player, instead it carries on with the guy huffing along from where the ball was lobbed from ages ago. Not only that, but the opposition can happily run along with the ball whilst a cpu-controlled team member ambles along not trying to tackle. It's like they're not bothered about winning, it's just a trip away over the summer whilst waiting for the real money to roll in from transfers and sponsorship deals in the main season.

Having said all that, I'm playing as England, so it's actually frighteningly accurate...

Last edited by QualityChimp; 17-09-2012, 10:20.

Comment

I hate football, but when I got my MVS it came with Super Sidekicks 4, I ended up really enjoying the game, loved some of the naff touches they put into it

Comment

Sidekicks 3 is amazing, to win the tournaments can be such a physical slog, the final match you really have to be on your metal and ready for a fight. Plus the completion piano music is a sensation.

Comment

LIGHTS OUT! HEAVY DAMAGE!

EJECTED!

That has made it even more difficult to resist the Neo now.

May go the CD route as most of the titles I want don't have mega load times.

Comment

Yeah, it is an awesome game and one of my favourites sports game on the system along with Baseball Stars 2.

I finished Biohazard 2 Leon scenario yesterday and was quite suprised how short the game was and how easy the final boss is. It seemed much harder back in the day. I had tons of unused health and amo(didn't even get round to using the magnum) left by the end.

Will give Claire's scenario a go before moving onto Code Veronica Final Edition (which really should have been BH3 but never mind) which I remember as being a particularly hard game so it will be interesting in seeing it still is.

Comment

Hi everyone,

A few pieces came together this week and I finally got my retro setup, setup. Got a 29" Sony Trinitron from e-bay, fished out an old PS1 and received a few JP PS1 games I bought on here (Ridge Racer, Ridge Racer Revolution and Time Crisis 1).

Thoroughly enjoyed a blast on RR1 and Revolution. Ridge was the first game I had on my original PS1 and actually the only game I owned for about 7 months. Me and my mate used to play along with our Oasis CD singles as background music.

For some reason I remembered Revolution as being poor, but that was probably based on a slow/bordered PAL version back in the '90s. To me today it plays like a great follow-up to one of the best launch day titles I've ever owned.

My final bit of retro arcade gaming was completed on JP Time Crisis 1 with a brand new GunCon. Oh how I've missed 'proper' gun games on a CRT. None of the vague-ness of a Wiimote here, just pixel perfect gaming.

Over the weekend I started a brand new play-through on MGS1, US version. This is a game a played when it first came out, but on reflection I don't think I appreciated how good it is. I'm finding the story engaging (codec chats and all), music immersive and gameplay addictive. I'm just at the Psycho Mantis fight and have died a few times so need some rations before trying it again.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Bit more progress with Zelda: A Link to the Past. The frog chap I found earlier was the missing Blacksmith in the light world, so I've had my sword tempered and while waiting made a visit to the top of the mountain to find the 'Cane of Byrana' - not sure exactly what that does.

Originally posted by Pulsar View Post
                                A few pieces came together this week and I finally got my retro setup, setup. Got a 29" Sony Trinitron from e-bay, fished out an old PS1 and received a few JP PS1 games I bought on here (Ridge Racer, Ridge Racer Revolution and Time Crisis 1).
                                I really need to revisit the Ridge Racer series! remember playing Type 4 to absolute death. My only concern with going back to games of the 32bit era is how badly they may have aged - I was shocked recently when I saw the original Gran Turismo running.

Comment

Working...
                                X