Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I hated it a decade ago, I never actually finished it. Thanks to danstan I've recently been playing Twin Snakes on Cube. And boy, the cut scenes are almost upsetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Road Rash 3do.

Still absolutely brilliant to play, the best version ever made in my opinion. And played on an NTSC machine in the later stages it is still monstrously fast. Superb.
      That's another thing I really liked about the 3do, the pal games say they will be letterboxed on a pal machine. Which means they're all full screen/full spleen on NTSC machines.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram View Post
        they're all full screen/full spleen on NTSC machines.
        Well that's a relief

Comment

I think that might be the best auto correct my phone has ever done

Comment

The recent arrival of the framemeister has sent me into a retro frenzy!

Saturn/ps1/ps2 to begin with.

gradius v (you would not believe how good this looks :-), guardian force, night striker, loads of tate shooters inc, raiden dx, gunbird, batsugun, strikers, dragon blaze etc and a string of fighters, inc soul edge, tekkens, etc

This device really has brought a new lease of life to these games

With perfect geometry & gamma ive seen detail that ive previously missed. Great stuff.

Working on a new setup after repainting part of the room, so i'll try to get some pics up soon.

Comment

Now i finally see where they got quality like this....

Mmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Road Rash 3do.

Still absolutely brilliant to play, the best version ever made in my opinion. And played on an NTSC machine in the later stages it is still monstrously fast. Superb.
                I bought it for my U.S. 3DO in Autumn 1994 - and was totally hypnotised by it for months and months. The graphics really were something extra special at the time - and the speed was awesome. One of my favourite racers - and I often go back to it, as it's still fun to play.

Lots of people see the 3DO as a bit of a joke, but I had a lot of fun with it back in the day. There weren't many great games for it, but there were some quality titles that really did impress and helped usher in the 32-bit generation.

p.s. We can only wonder what a sequel to Road Rash 3DO would have been like. It was a first generation game, so I guess it didn't fully push the hardware. We'll never know how much top devs could have pushed the 3DO if they had been given a chance to make sequels.
                Last edited by Leon Retro; 07-07-2015, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram View Post
                  I think that might be the best auto correct my phone has ever done
                  Brilliant! I thought it was your own style of Nintendo Shmintendo

Comment

I beat the SMS version of Castle of Illusion. It's challenging but not nearly as hard as I remember it being. Still just as fun though

Comment

Just started playing Phantasy Star Online 2. So far I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                        Now i finally see where they got quality like this....

Mmmmmmm
                        Wow!!

Comment

Bought Katamari Damacy for the lovely price of ?1234 on PSN.

Such a lovely game. Bringing back memories for both of us.

I might look into Katamari Tribute down the line but I really wanted to hear Lonely Rolling Star!

Comment

Metal Slug 1. Going for the 1CC! I can consistently 1CC up to mission 5. Now mission 6....that's another story.

Comment

I just got through Final Fantasy 1 and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. It's challenging and archaic in parts but it felt perfectly paced. I tried to beat the final boss last week but had an unlucky fight and had to go through the entire last dungeon (and previous bosses) again to have another shot at him. A bit annoying but I went back to it today and wiped the floor with the guy.

Comment

Trying to 1 Man Clear SMB Bros on Famicom, could do this with my eyes closed until recently. Had several failed attempts and messed up on 8-2 this morning. I know its an easy game, but...I have to do this.

My Mega Drive is out for delivery, so, more retro gaming today...I'm not quite tied down to one game at the moment as for one, my famicom is in black and white whilst I still await a converter for my TV.

The game I'm looking forward a lot, is sin and punishment and a console off speedy in approx. 2 weeks...I love that game and have only ever played it on VC. To play this on original hardware with original controller gets me going!

Comment

Working...
                                X