Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of PS1 lately. Wipeout is still amazing as is 2097. I love the difficulty of the first game and the music is so good.

Comment

Gave up on Moonwalker SMS 6-2. Only for tonight tho....been up since 5am, so gaming powers have been drained, i'm empty.

Comment

Been playing Pier Solar ever since Christmas Day and I'm absolutely loving it.

Ordered the reprint early last year and gave it to the missus to get me for Chrimbo. 'Twas the first time I got a real 'new' Megadrive game for Christmas in about twenty years, and I tell you I felt a wave of nostalgia creeping in as I unwrapped it. Even had that new Megadrive game smell. Oh, the memories.

Anyroad, been really impressed by the game so far. Production values are amazing considering its origins, and I reckon it could easily have passed for a flagship Sega or Square RPG back in the day. I would even go so far as to say it is the best attempt at a JRPG by Western developers I've witnessed on any system.

Yeah, so the game is great, it's addictive and you all should own it!

Comment

Beat The Secret of Monkey Island and started on Monkey Island 2. I'm playing the recent re-releases but found myself going back to classic mode. I love the commentary that's included with MI2, makes me wish they'd worked it into the first one.

Currently on Phatt Island and oh lord at the local Governor there lol.

Comment

I played some SF2: Hyper Fighting today, three-hit instant stun combos with Ryu are the best.

Comment

I've been playing Progear.

Comment

Progear's class. I wish it would get a home console release.

I've been playing Metal Slug. The game's a work of art and looks stunning on my 21" Trinitron

Comment

the fan translated version of seiken densetsu 3 for me. the story is kind of mundane but the graphics, music and bosses are truly epic. I sometimes wonder what it would it would have been like if the snes was still going today and there had never been any new consoles.

Comment

Been playing a spot of Real Bout Special really enjoying it, after some practice managed to get to the bonus fight with Geese Howard. I've been enjoying it so much that I picked up a copy of the second Fatal Fury battle archive on PS2, so I could finally play Real Bout 2.

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
                      the fan translated version of seiken densetsu 3 for me. the story is kind of mundane but the graphics, music and bosses are truly epic. I sometimes wonder what it would it would have been like if the snes was still going today and there had never been any new consoles.
                      Surely one of the best looking 16-bit games ever made or are there any other contenders?

Comment

It's certainly up there isn't it? I think a lot of the games from that last part of the snes' life were pretty amazing looking. romancing saga 3, star ocean, tenchi sozo/terranigma, bahamut lagoon and rudra no hiho are all brilliant looking games. My personal favourite looking snes game ever has to be yoshi's island though. nothing really beats that for art direction.

Originally posted by Btang84 View Post
                        Surely one of the best looking 16-bit games ever made or are there any other contenders?

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                          Been playing a spot of Real Bout Special really enjoying it, after some practice managed to get to the bonus fight with Geese Howard. I've been enjoying it so much that I picked up a copy of the second Fatal Fury battle archive on PS2, so I could finally play Real Bout 2.
                          Excellent, RBS is zeriously one of the best fighters they did. Do the PS2 battle archives contain the arranged CD soundtracks? If so potential definitive version?

Comment

I've been indulging in a lot of Snes of late. Super Castlevania (again), Actraiser and F-Zero have been the main games played over the last couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              Excellent, RBS is zeriously one of the best fighters they did. Do the PS2 battle archives contain the arranged CD soundtracks? If so potential definitive version?
                              Yes it does, not sure if it's all games however only managed to get a few rounds on RBS and RB2 on the Battle Archive 2 version last night.

Saturn version has a few extras that aren't present in the battle archive as it's a neo geo port, it also doesn't include the PS1 version of RBSDM which I'd never heard of till yesterday, got to love hardcore gaming:

I highly recommend the battle archive ports however.
                              Last edited by S3M; 12-01-2012, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
                                It's certainly up there isn't it? I think a lot of the games from that last part of the snes' life were pretty amazing looking. romancing saga 3, star ocean, tenchi sozo/terranigma, bahamut lagoon and rudra no hiho are all brilliant looking games. My personal favourite looking snes game ever has to be yoshi's island though. nothing really beats that for art direction.
                                You have good taste sir!

Which characters have you gone with in SD3? I played through it myself last year, great game but i found the last quarter to drag on a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X