Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    I've been playing Cybernator and Stunt Race FX.

Cybernator is superb, brilliant to play and something totally new for me. Stunt Race is something I love but it is almost unplayable now. In time trial mode the frame rate is good enough but the main race mode is not so good now.
    I had a blast on Stunt Race at the weekend, I found it painfully slow, good in its day...

Comment

Did Assault Suits Valken get a fan sub? I heard the English versions had some stuff cut out?

My modded Gameboy came from mmmonkey yesterday and I blitzed through Super Mario Land in one sitting. Is there anything more than the standard 4 worlds?

Also had a quick blast on both games on Street Fighter III W Impact. Nice to see the roots of Third Strike, as I'd only ever tried SFIII once when it was new at the arcade (Sega World Southampton to be precise).
      Last edited by acidbearboy; 27-10-2011, 16:13.

Comment

I was 7 when SFIII was first released..

/depression

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
          Did Assault Suits Valken get a fan sub? I heard the English versions had some stuff cut out?
          A good bit of the plot, plus a scene at the end. HG101 says there's a re-translation out there, wouldn't mind getting that on a repro cart. Speaking of which...

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
          Yes it was! It was lovely to be able to play through the game on a US Snes/CRT rather than via emu etc

Going to have a little break before i play Terranigma though, Goemon 2 is in the Snes at the mo
          Where did you get your repro cart from? I've heard some stories about bad quality from some places, is there somewhere that's vouched for?

Comment

The repro cart came from Game Reproductions in the USA. I ordered 2 games and got 4 carts so I sold the other 2 on and gave the cash to the guy who made them.
            They are decent quality though the guy doesn't always pick the most mint cart case, maybe you can specify though. I have Mana 2 and Terranigma and both work perfect and feel solid.

Comment

Ah, that's the store I'd read negative things about. He came onto a forum to explain himself and offer replacements though, so maybe his customer service makes it worth buying from him.

Comment

He is far from amazing. Communication could have been a little better and faster at times but he has always seemed to come through. From what he told me he does this in his spare time so it takes quite a while. But the order I placed arrived in the time frame he said (30 days) and in decent enough condition. Labels were nicely printed but cart condition is not guaranteed.

Anyway playing Silent Hill 3 now and loving it. Never got as far as I have, past the subway, due to being completely scared out back in the day. There is just something utterly compelling about these and the early Resident Evil games. Just to find one more item, to see one next scene etc.
                Great stuff!

Comment

A bit of Bare Knuckle 2 for me this week. I've had a pleasant surprise at how well this has held up after all these years. And the music sounds far better than I recalled but that could be just the difference in having a VA5 MD and a decent TV now.
                  I'll be back at it later with the difficulty level rumped up. I don't remember the UK version being this easy. Was the difficulty setting change between regions?

Comment

Received a faulty Pok?mon Leaf Green from a forumite recently. Opened the cart up and noticed it had a missing track on the edge connector. Fixed it with some solder and booted it up to make sure it works. Naturally, I got stuck playing it. It's like my third or fourth go with this series. I usually quit around the 8 hour mark, which is where I'm at now, four badges in. I'll try to finish it this time, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                      I had a blast on Stunt Race at the weekend, I found it painfully slow, good in its day...

An overclock mod makes a world of difference to it.

Comment

I really want one of those. Expensive though.

Comment

I am still playing 18 Wheeler (DC),i have set myself the task of completing the game on every difficulty level,with every truck,with every trailer.So far i have completed it on veryeasy,easy,normal and now i am on hard level and it has become a lot more interesting as i have to be carefull not to collide with anything,select my route carefully and hope for good variance i,e the rival truck `Lizard Tail` does not do something random.

Comment

Originally posted by nem View Post
                            Received a faulty Pok?mon Leaf Green from a forumite recently. Opened the cart up and noticed it had a missing track on the edge connector. Fixed it with some solder and booted it up to make sure it works. Naturally, I got stuck playing it. It's like my third or fourth go with this series. I usually quit around the 8 hour mark, which is where I'm at now, four badges in. I'll try to finish it this time, but we'll see.
                            We have Leaf Green too and had problems saving the game when using the DS. Turns out if there is a DS cart in the top when playing the game it can corrupt your save. Not good!

Comment

Interesting! Will have to mention that when I pass it on.

However, I'm playing it on a GBA SP so not an issue for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                A bit of Bare Knuckle 2 for me this week. I've had a pleasant surprise at how well this has held up after all these years. And the music sounds far better than I recalled but that could be just the difference in having a VA5 MD and a decent TV now. I'll be back at it later with the difficulty level rumped up. I don't remember the UK version being this easy. Was the difficulty setting change between regions?
                                I remember quite a few Megadrive games were easier when released over here, but dunno if BK2 / SOR2 was one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X