Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the arcade version but I'm sure the MD one is on there too.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Wow! Surprised you haven't played it.

Yes, it is very good.
      But not as good as Final Fantasy VI

Mostly GBA stuff for my retro fix this week.

Tactics Ogre The Knight of Lodis is a really nice game, especially as I now have the best of both worlds - Japanese box and gubbins with a US board in the cart.
      Haro no Puyo Puyo. I HATE Puyo Puyo, but somehow with the addition of SD Gundam characters it's all good?
      J League Winning Eleven 2002 the best GBA footy game and well worth tracking down.

And I have to have a bit of Super Famicom in there, so been romming it up with Akumajo Dracula, Super Pang, Magical Drop 2 & Darius Twin on my Xperia Play.

Dracula always kicks my ass though. I think one of the everlasting memories about that game is when the draw bridge closes at the start and that music starts playing. An all time classic piece of BGM.

Darius Twin is a nice shooter too. A bit easy though, until I get to the last stage at which point I may as well just give up!

And to round it all off, a bit of Klonoa on the PS1(Via a US PSN account).

Comment

Popped on F Zero GX last night and it kicked my ass.
        Couldn't believe how bad I had gotten at the game.
        -Hangs head in shame-

Comment

Picked up a mvs multicart and convertor this weekend for my AES so have finally got to revel in the awesomeness that is the Metal Slug series.. absolutely loving Metal Slugs 1, 3 & X!!..

Also have a good go at Viewpoint as well.. sheesh it's a tough nut to crack!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
            I HATE Puyo Puyo
            Say what now?

Comment

Just started another run-through of Chrono Trigger. Works so well on the DSi XL

It's been a while since I've played it ... as soon as that signature tune kicked in during the Millennial Fair teleportation demo I was hooked all over again.

Comment

Mostly Capcom's Aladdin on SNES

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                  Say what now?
                  The game is just so unfair. It seems sometimes that no matter what I do, the AI is always a few steps ahead of me.

Comment

Max Payne iPad release, hadn't played it since it first came out some reviews criticised it saying it hadn't aged well but for what it was and still is it's a damn good game and fun to hear Max's dialogue again. Controls very well with the IPad too, I didn't have to change any of the deafult settings.

It's also done a good job of wanting me to try the current gen Max Payne when it releases in May although that's a bad good thing as I would have to reinvest in something to play it on first.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                      Picked up a mvs multicart and convertor this weekend for my AES so have finally got to revel in the awesomeness that is the Metal Slug series.. absolutely loving Metal Slugs 1, 3 & X!!..

Also have a good go at Viewpoint as well.. sheesh it's a tough nut to crack!
                      Agree on the Metal Slug seires up to and including 3, I could easily play 1, 2 and X over and over, 3 to a slighlty lesser extent, 4 & 5 best forgotten they just seem a bit meh to me and not as special as the earlier games.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                        The game is just so unfair. It seems sometimes that no matter what I do, the AI is always a few steps ahead of me.
                        Ah fair enough. It can be quite taxing. Tons of fun in multi-player though.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          Bit of Apocalypse on the PS1 (on PS3), managed to pick up a minty one today for a quid. It was always a fun game and despite the twunted framerate/slowdown at points, it's still refreshingly playable, though it looks like Lego made from dyed Shredded Wheats nowadays. Never realised it was by Neversoft, too.
                          I have fond memories of Apocalypse.

Didn't Bruce shout out Duke Nukem-esque dialogue as he fired his gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                            Aladdin on SNES
                            The inferior version, then. Did I just go there? Oops :/

Comment

Been playing castlevania on the nes, can't believe how difficult the game is. Also getting my arse handed to me on Mega Man 1 as well. It's funny though because although they are pretty simple games and are very difficult they are still a huge amount of fun, infact I'm getting more enjoyment from the VC on Wii than I am with pretty much most of the games on the HD twins where the games are long, complex and more of a chore. Really hope Nintendo expand on the VC with the Wii U as there's still hundreds of games that still need to be put on there

Comment

Having picked up a Pal DC again this week, i've had a good few hours stuck in to it already, and i'm loving it! When I bought a Jap system a couple of years back I just didn't enjoy it as much as when I bought the UK one at release, i'm feeling the magic again though and i've been playing....

Jet Set Radio - This is the game that caused me to buy another system. When it was announced for the PS3/360 I got all excited, then they started talking about different music etc and I was out! Playing this, well, it's just an absolute classic. It's one of those games that due to it's immense art style will just never seem dated. So original, so fun!

Gunbird 2 - Psikyo don't get the credit they deserve in my book. They made some absolutely gorgeous games in my opinion, and this is one of them. I've given this two full playthroughs this week already, absolutely love it, a real treat. And it's not bullet hell crap, which always gets my vote.

Virtua tennis - The original and best versions are probably the Dreamcast ones. A game this old has no right to still look this good! It's funny, having played the latest Vita and PS3 versions recently seeing how little they've moved on from this wee stunner.

MSR - I remember having to drive half way round Fife in my little red honda cr-x desperately trying to find a copy of this on release and man did I rinse it to death when I got it. At the time it was a massive step up from any driving game i'd played. Stuck it on this morning expecting it to be a slow, ugly looking mess. Wrong again! Still moves at a fair old lick, and has a good look that doesn't make you go "urgh, old hat 3D!". I can see me getting hooked in to racking up the kudos again!

Got a few other games sitting still to be played, and a long list of games I want to replay too. Last time I had a DC I was playing it through a VGA box on my plasma, have this one on the little 14" trinitron. Gobsmacking.

Last edited by Colin; 28-04-2012, 19:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X