Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilotwings on the good old n64 Happy times

Comment

I'm now mainly playing Seaman on the Dreamcast, with a bit of Banjo-Kazooie on the side.

I'm surprised to actually find myself enjoying Seaman. Usually when I buy a curio like this I just don't get it and just persist at playing in misery. I think the great thing about it is that I only need to put in about 5 minutes twice a day. With games like Animal Crossing you need to put in a lot of time.

I played Freezeezy Peak on Christmas day.

Comment

Originally posted by nintastic View Post
        Pilotwings on the good old n64 Happy times

Strangely I never really got to play that. Was playing the snes version a few days ago though. Still gives a great feeling of height despite only using mode 7.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
          I played Freezeezy Peak on Christmas day.
          Quality choice! Loved Banjo back in the day but never finished it. Got my bro' visiting for a few days so might tempt him into downloading the Xbox 360 version later

Personally I just started Final Fantasy 7 on the PSOne + LCD screen combo. Never played it back in the day though did watch a friend progress quite far. Approximately how long does it take to play through? Got Chrono Trigger DS ready to be started as well but I don't really want to be juggling 2 RPGs at the same time.

Comment

Parkinho I did FF7 just a couple on months back on my PSP. Still really enjoyed it but see what you make of the amusing translation at times. It certainly feels a little more amateurish than later RPGs. I got flamed by some major FF7 fanboys for saying this on another site.

Comment

Playing Mario 64 on the VC at the moment. Great, great game. I played it near release but thought it deserved another go through. Surprised by how well the graphics hold up considering its early-ish 3D. I guess games with a cartoony style tends to age well...

Comment

Definately. Another one though not so old is Jak and Daxter on PS2. Still looks so vibrant today but its a simple graphic design on the whole. Lots of effects and lighting but the overally detail is not super high.

Comment

quite a few of MD titles lately

Dynamite Duke
                  Aladdin
                  Batman forever

not bad games really

Comment

Just got my hands on Sin & Punishment on the N64 and taking a trip down memory lane with Tokyo Bus Guide on the DC

Comment

Starquake on the Speccy using ZXDS. Finding it very hard though.
                      Also resumed On Reflection, also on the Speccy.

Comment

Christmas games overload!!

Just finished Makai-Mura Gaiden: The Demon Darkness, the gameboy version of Gargoyle's Quest 2, lovely little platform game. Didn't know it had 2 extra levels over the NES version.

Currently playing Monster World IV on the MD and Virtual On and Thunder Force VI on my new Japanese PS2.

Comment

Dug out Crazy Taxi for the DC and its still a great game

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Parkinho I did FF7 just a couple on months back on my PSP. Still really enjoyed it but see what you make of the amusing translation at times. It certainly feels a little more amateurish than later RPGs. I got flamed by some major FF7 fanboys for saying this on another site.
                            I'm about 5 hours in and it hasn't totally gripped me yet tbh. Finding the pre-rendered backgrounds difficult to navigate and the story is a bit slow at the moment. Gonna give it another couple of hours tonight to see if it picks up, otherwise it's ditched.

Comment

finally finished chrono trigger today after putting in over 20 hrs the last couple of weeks.

awesome game

got final fantasy 3 and link to the past on the way too : )

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                                finally finished chrono trigger today after putting in over 20 hrs the last couple of weeks.
                                Which ending did you get? Did you go for all the good weapons, finish the side quests, etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X