No announcement yet.

Best GBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely the backlit SP. The clarity and colours are awesome. Not the perfect handheld - because I get a bit of hand cramp at times, but.. it's still great.

Wouldn't mind an original GBA with a backlight.

Comment

Yep the backlit AGS-101 SP is the best gba console, the micro is brilliant though.

Get them both!

Comment

I have two micros - one I picked up on a trip to Canada and a 20th Aniversary edition someone here was nice enough (well his Mrs) to pick up for me on release day in Japan.
        One of which is always on me as they are small enough to go onto a keyring.
        Micro gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
          I really, really want one! Sadly I couldn't find any in Tokyo (just another part of the Japanese conspiracy to rob Sorrel of anything he enjoys, same reason Yoshinoya don't do spicy beef any more).
          I nabbed the only one I've ever seen in Akihabara. Was some stupid price like 800yen. Boxed and mint.

GBM here too. I have a silver one and love it. Super Robot Taisen J has sat in it for years. I'm still surprised it took until the DSi for Nintendo to include a similar contrast control.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post

GBA Micro > GBASP > GBA
            i would disagree with that only because i have sausage fingers

the Micro is lovely with a terrific screen, but just to fiddley with chubby fingers

i prefer the SP, the screen is bigger, its a fine screen and easy to use

Comment

Another GB Light lover here. If we're just talking GBAs then I have to go with the SP for its backwards compatibility. I just can't be doing with a Gameboy I can't play Parodious on...

Comment

Another Micro vote here. Very portable, great looking and the battery life is superb. The screen is great, and it's far better to play wario ware twisted with than an S.P. A console that takes up less room than your mobile phone in your pocket. What's not to like?

Comment

Without a doubt the Micro. I am so happy with my Famicom Micro, I honestly feel the design is something that historians/collectors will admire in 100 years. Wonderful.

But for gaming on the move, the screen is a bit small for some games, so a DS can be a good idea for text heavy games.

Comment

^ I got that today, it is absolutely lovely. I didn't realise the faceplates cover the screen, which is a very clever feature. Makes me want to get a replacement just to preserve the Famicom one.

Comment

Yeah, its a shame they didnt make more faceplates, there are a few nice ltd edition plates including a pokemon one, a super robot thingymagig one and a lovely famicom 'player 2' version which i have, sadly there rather expensive (now) costing as much or more as a new micro

Comment

I got myself a Graphite backlit GBA SP Gen 2 on eBay today

£51 inc postage and it comes with the following games (unboxed sadly but better than nowt)
                        Kirby- nightmare in dreamland
                        Tony Hawk's pro skater 2
                        F Zero GP Legend
                        Zooo

Comment

You will become very addicted to Zooo a.k.a. Zookeeper. One of the best puzzlers on the GBA. I just started playing it again myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                            I got myself a Graphite backlit GBA SP Gen 2 on eBay today

?51 inc postage and it comes with the following games (unboxed sadly but better than nowt)
                            Kirby- nightmare in dreamland
                            Tony Hawk's pro skater 2
                            F Zero GP Legend
                            Zooo
                            With the games that's a good deal. I bought the same one minus the games for around ?40 inc postage from the U.S. .... I think it's an excellent handheld. It's a shame Nintendo messed around so much with the GBA - and didn't just do things right in the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
                              You will become very addicted to Zooo a.k.a. Zookeeper. One of the best puzzlers on the GBA. I just started playing it again myself.
                              I loved the charm of zoo keeper despite being a bejewled clone, didn't imagine it being any good on the GBA due to it being harder/more time consuming to move around blocks/animals?

Edit - Can you use a standard GBA SP charger (UK) for the GBA SP gen 2 (USA)?

I picked up one from a carboot ages ago for 50p (official though).
                              Last edited by Ouenben; 01-02-2009, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                                I loved the charm of zoo keeper despite being a bejewled clone, didn't imagine it being any good on the GBA due to it being harder/more time consuming to move around blocks/animals?

Edit - Can you use a standard GBA SP charger (UK) for the GBA SP gen 2 (USA)?

I picked up one from a carboot ages ago for 50p (official though).

You probably know the answer by now but yes you can.

Oh and my 2p - Game Boy Player + Dotstream + Huge Telly + LOUD music = best way to play that particular game.

Comment

Working...
                                X