No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 [Feb]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to find myself saturated with ammo in the old RE games.

I had tonnes of ammo of the 3 grenade types, more than 60 bows, a full machine gun clip, over a hundred pistol rounds by the end of Claire B

Once I was bored so decided to play RE1 on the hidden easy mode. I had so much spare ammo and health items (every ammo is doubled and all enemies are weaker and you take more damage) that I almost if not actually, filled the magic box

I often found myself with lots of ammo in RE3 too, saving up all the gunpower till I had about 10 of each and mainly made heaps of freeze rounds, some magnum ammo and the occasional shotgun ammo

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post

Is there any particular reason to start with one disk over the other, by the way? Also, I'm tempted to put it on easy. Would I miss out on anything by doing that?
      Claire first scenario, then Leon second. There’s loads more things to shoot when you go through again, and Leon has arguably the best guns in the entire resi series.

*Drools*

Custom shotgun.

I think the only ones you actually have to kill are by the basketball court, and in the bus.
      Yep, and don't forget to leave kendo. The guy deserves everything he gets for standing next to that bloody window.

Comment

Picked this up for 1 pound in my local blockbuster for the dreamcast I've never played it before so I'm looking forward to starting it probably start on the weekend i want to give it a good few hours .

Comment

Does anyone remember how to get Brad the pilot out again? I know it can only be done at the begining of the game...........

Do you run pass the zombies in the police station front yard then double back down the stairs to the alley way?

Comment

The zombie in the yellow jacket?

You have to reach that point without firing a single bullet.

It's not actually that hard when you get used to pegging it around. God I love this game

Good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
              The zombie in the yellow jacket?
              Yeah from the first one. You're right don't fire until you get to him, get key, ??, Profit.

Comment

I though you just had to pick up no items on the way?

Comment

Actually, you're right, don't pick anything up, then use the key on the lockers in the dark room if I remember correctly.

Comment

FYI one thing I remember I discovered when playing it originally is that saves made on two separate PS memory cards cannot be copied to the same card afterwards. I can't remember how or why it happened but I ended up with Claire and Leon's A & Bs on two cards which I believe means I couldn't go back and release some of the stuff as it requires all saves to be on one card.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
                      Actually, you're right, don't pick anything up, then use the key on the lockers in the dark room if I remember correctly.
                      Oops. Sorry - that also means you can barely shoot any bullets though ;p

Comment

The costumes you get are awesome too. Oh the days before all extra content was charged for. Great days.

Comment

The background music during the staff credits after Leon's ending is great. "Hey, it's up to us to take out Umbrella!" And then the electric guitar kicks in.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                            FYI one thing I remember I discovered when playing it originally is that saves made on two separate PS memory cards cannot be copied to the same card afterwards. I can't remember how or why it happened but I ended up with Claire and Leon's A & Bs on two cards which I believe means I couldn't go back and release some of the stuff as it requires all saves to be on one card.
                            Never had this problem when i played it on the DC and GC......... was it a PSX issue?

Good ole Brad Vickers............ Thanks for the refresh guys, didnt fancy trawling through Gamefaqs to get it. There loads of easter eggs in this game, like examing Rebbeccas desk 100 times and getting a health spray (or something along those lines).

I always found Claires quest a lot easier.......... one things for sure, them CG movies have aged badly in my mind.......... they kinda look err............. **** now from when i first viewed them. At the start of the intro sequence when that can of umbrella soft drink gets stomped on, it jus looks so wrong!

Oh Oh and remember to open that door at the back of the police station jus below the helicopter crash - a once in a life time scare which actually crept up on me without my knowledge at the time.

Spoilers 'R' Us, for me today

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                              There loads of easter eggs in this game, like examing Rebbeccas desk 100 times and getting a health spray (or something along those lines).
                              Search the desk and find a film.
                              Develop it.
                              ??
                              See picture of Rebecca in her P.E kit.
                              Knock one out.
                              Profit.

Comment

I love how they tied the Brad Vickers bit in with Resi 3.

That bit in Resi 3 where Nemesis attacks Brad at the front of the Police Station occurs chronologically before RE2, which is why he appears down the stairs at the Police Station entrance as a zombie. I wonder if the fact that Nemesis infected him is their eay of explaining why he takes more to kill? Regardless, it was a nice touch by Capcom.

Comment

Working...
                                X