No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 [Feb]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil 3 is a gem of a game. Overlooked slightly I reckon, but it's fantastic.
    Although it's a bit CLUNKY. And you can't run while shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbob View Post
      It's also not in HD. However you don't need the d-pad to change guns in real-time.
      Last edited by dataDave; 05-02-2009, 12:21.

Comment

Resident Evil 3 is a gem of a game. Overlooked slightly I reckon, but it's fantastic.
        lmao.......... no ones gonnia give that one up are there? The running and shooting that is.

Jimothy, whats up with all this 'profit' i hear you sproutin'? Is it the new slang for 'innit', 'solid', 'standard', 'get in', 'happy days', etc.................

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
          I love how they tied the Brad Vickers bit in with Resi 3.

That bit in Resi 3 where Nemesis attacks Brad at the front of the Police Station occurs chronologically before RE2, which is why he appears down the stairs at the Police Station entrance as a zombie. I wonder if the fact that Nemesis infected him is their eay of explaining why he takes more to kill? Regardless, it was a nice touch by Capcom.
          I totally marked out when I saw that whole sequence play it.

It was like 18 months later IT ALL MADE SENSE.

FYI one thing I remember I discovered when playing it originally is that saves made on two separate PS memory cards cannot be copied to the same card afterwards. I can't remember how or why it happened but I ended up with Claire and Leon's A & Bs on two cards which I believe means I couldn't go back and release some of the stuff as it requires all saves to be on one card.
          I think the issue was that if you saved a game to Save File 1 on Memory Card 1 and a seperate save in Save File 1 on Memory Card 2 you couldn't copy one to the other as they were both assigned to occupy same spot in the game's Load/Save Menu.

However, if you had a game saved in Save File 2 on Memory Card 1 but no save in that designated slot on Card 2, it would let you copy.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
            Jimothy, whats up with all this 'profit' i hear you sproutin'?
            It's just a process of things, and me being silly.

1. Buy 360

2. Put in game

3. RROD

4. ??

5. Profit.

Erm that didn't work, but you get the idea.

Comment

It's just a process of things, and me being silly.

1. Buy 360

2. Put in game

3. RROD

4. ??

5. Profit.

Erm that didn't work, but you get the idea.
              lol.......... fair enough.......... get that to the play ground and you will have an epidemic on yah hands.............

i dunno bout your guys but them arms coming through the boarded up windows in the police station still get me. I think half the fright is from knowing if you get too close it gonna happen. Man, how creeped out i got when the shutter system failed and a whole heard of zombies came 'flooding' into the hallway.

Comment

I think after my first play through I didn't bother with the shutters. Just ran in commando style.
                Damn I'm hard. (Core)

Comment

lmao.......... no ones gonnia give that one up are there? The running and shooting that is.
                  lol. Was it me that started it? Quite clearly, going off the RE5 demo, it would be much easier to run and shoot than it would to run and change guns - both are impossible by traditional Resident Evil standards, RE5 brings us innovation in that we can now run and change guns, expectedly by people with two thumbs on their left hand. Oh the blessing.

I think after my first play through I didn't bother with the shutters. Just ran in commando style.
                  Damn I'm hard. (Core)
                  Damn, the schutter section, that was hard has hell with no guns.

Like how I spelled 'shutter' there? I liked the typo so left it in.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 05-02-2009, 13:19.

Comment

Jimothy, whats up with all this 'profit' i hear you sproutin'? Is it the new slang for 'innit', 'solid', 'standard', 'get in', 'happy days', etc.................

cant believe I'm saying it but I actually preferred it when he said "at least thats what I've heard" wasn't quite as repetitive and annoying but hey.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post

Err first part of RE3 was a day before RE2, 2nd part was after RE2 (not sure if it was by a day too though)

I love it when the Resident evil games traverse similar or same grounds as other titles like RE3 - RPD, RE0 - underground labs, RECV - The mansion is very similar to RE1's

Comment

I think the issue was that if you saved a game to Save File 1 on Memory Card 1 and a seperate save in Save File 1 on Memory Card 2 you couldn't copy one to the other as they were both assigned to occupy same spot in the game's Load/Save Menu.

However, if you had a game saved in Save File 2 on Memory Card 1 but no save in that designated slot on Card 2, it would let you copy.
                        That sounds like a plausible explanation for the PS memory card issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                          Err first part of RE3 was a day before RE2, 2nd part was after RE2 (not sure if it was by a day too though)
                          I don't really see how your comment contradicts what i wrote? The 18 months comment was the time that passed between me playing RE2 and RE3: Nemesis.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                            cant believe I'm saying it but I actually preferred it when he said "at least thats what I've heard" wasn't quite as repetitive and annoying but hey.

Comment

I don't really see how your comment contradicts what i wrote? The 18 months comment was the time that passed between me playing RE2 and RE3: Nemesis.
                              Ah I see, I thought you meant 18 months passing between the games.

Comment

If you do it properly you can complete the Police Station basement bit before the zombies even come through the shutters.

Comment

Working...
                                X