No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 [Feb]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone's interested, part 2 of GameTrailers' Resi Retrospective is up, covering Resi 2 and 3 (as well as '1.5').

One interesting thing in the video that I didn't know was that Capcom said Claire's Scenario A and Leon's Scenario B are the canon - I think most people assumed it was vice versa, what with Leon's disc being 'Disc 1'.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
      If anyone's interested, part 2 of GameTrailers' Resi Retrospective is up, covering Resi 2 and 3 (as well as '1.5').

One interesting thing in the video that I didn't know was that Capcom said Claire's Scenario A and Leon's Scenario B are the canon - I think most people assumed it was vice versa, what with Leon's disc being 'Disc 1'.
      Cool - that kind of makes sense with Claire being the Redfield in the game. Plus that way they get to tie Sherry easily into further outings (perhpas even RE5).

Will watch when I get home.

Comment

Pure devastated today by the re2 final boss. (doin leon A) Hadn't saved since just before you go into the door using the chess pieces and the git killed me in one hit. I really couldn't be bothered playin it through again but I must endure!

Gonna watch that part 2 retrospective now. Part 1 was great. Anyone started on their second playthrough yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
          Pure devastated today by the re2 final boss. (doin leon A) Hadn't saved since just before you go into the door using the chess pieces and the git killed me in one hit. I really couldn't be bothered playin it through again but I must endure!

Gonna watch that part 2 retrospective now. Part 1 was great. Anyone started on their second playthrough yet?
          hunters were a right bastard for no-save run throughs of Resi 1

Comment

I'd say I'm pretty close to half way through now. I still don't have the shotgun though. Last time I played I remember having it near the start to kill the first licker. This time however I had to pistol him and it wasn't pretty.
            Well, you can get a shotgun from the body of the guy in the Kendo gun store right at the start. However, you have to waste pistol ammo killing all the zombies in the room, and you get a shotgun later anyway, so I normally don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
              Sorry if this has already been asked, but is the PC version any good, and will it run on XP?
              Plays fine and the models look great. I think they even re-released it on dvd for XP in japan a year or so ago.

God, I'd love to play Resi 1.5. I remember reading that one of the reason (god knows if this is true or not) it was scraped, was due to it being too long.

Fingers crossed, they'll release it as part of an anniversary collection or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                hunters were a right bastard for no-save run throughs of Resi 1
                Could they kill you in one hit yea?

Completed this so I'm ready for Claire B now. 2:54 time, Rank B. I skipped cut-scenes apart from the ending from the sewer onwards though so that would have lowered my time.

Comment

^Curious, what caused the Rank B? The time qualifies for A rank. Did you use sprays?

Comment

Yea, think I used at least one anyway. Didn't know the conditions for getting a higher rank.

Comment

everyone wait for me, I've just bought a copy off Wools. Don't think I ever played this one; as I recall I just watched my brother go through it when we rented it.

Comment

Could they kill you in one hit yea?
                        Yep even from 100% health.

Comment

^Yep, they just took of the head in one swipe, and had a habbit of doing that when they were off-screen =/ Lickers were nothing.

Comment

I've now moved on to disc2 (ClaireB scenario). Never played the 2nd scenario before and so far I'm loving it. Seems harder this time and a little scarier too.

Have you started yet Noobish? How you finding it? Anyone else moved to Scenario 2?

"And to think taxidermy used to be my hobby..."

Comment

The second scenario is harder if you take ALL the items on the first go round. That was a stroke of genius I thought.

Comment

Does that include every herb and ammo? Defintely left a good few herbs lying around due to space restrictions. Also left the SMG for Claire which I've got stored away for a special occasion. Is it possible to get the shotgun with Claire because the bow gun isn't very satisfying.

Comment

Working...
                                X