Cool arcade discoveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    Are they all there now? I remember going there specifically to play a Japanese Outrun 2 they had. Spent ?30 on it that day!

Also had a sit down Star Wars Arcade (wireframe). Shame the fairground and everything around it has been made crap. Hyper Value everywhere!!
    Went back to Barry today and it definately has gone downhill quite alot. Planet Harriers has gone, as has alot of the cool stuff. This time they had F-Zero AX, Battle Gear 3 & 4, Afterburner Climax, Ghost Squad Second Evolution, Pump It Up, Time Crisis 3 (all Japanese cabs) The fairground was even crapper than normal. It was summed up quite nicely when walking through there I heard REM blasting out of the fairground speakers with Everybody Hurts. Seeing the state of the place did make me hurt. Still I did pile quite a few credits into Wonderboy in Monsterland, tis a classic game

Comment

I'm not sure if it is still there, but around a year ago I saw Mushihimesama in an arcade called 'VEGAS' opposite Angel tube station in Islington.

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
        the trafford center in manchester had a decent arcade last time i went (about 2 years ago)
        had a look in there the other day and there is a few machines in there but they only have light gun and driving games. the best being outrun, but other than that nothing to float my boat. better than that though HMV have two 360 and two ps3 at the back of the store. arranged around a pillar, one machine a side, with a small screen at chest level to play on and a larger one over-head for others to allow for viewing. icing on the cake though; sf4 was on one of the ps3's.

Comment

A bit of an old thread but since it's about arcade I thought it would be better than making an all new thread.

Comment

Cool. What are you filming it with?

Comment

Sony Xperia ZL2 or better known as the Z3 in the UK. Same phone spec wise but with a slightly different case.

Comment

Working...
              X