Complete PAL SNES Collection !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 112 View Post
    You don't happen to know what actually is the rarest Pal snes game do you?
    As unhelpful as it is, the rarest one is on that list, however Im waiting to confirm its existance/snag it myself before saying so

Apart from that Cool World will be the second hardest to find Complete and also extremely expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
      As far as i know there wasnt a DBZ game ever released in Pal land on the snes. Was jus lookin at your list of 'needed pal games'.

You don't happen to know what actually is the rarest Pal snes game do you?

ps good luck dude! Someone needs to do it!
      Look at the picture of the games I picked up last week mate and you will see 2 of the 4 DBZ games released in PAL land.

I'm not sure what the very rarest PAL SNES game is but some of the hardest to get are: Cool World, Aero the Acrobat 2, Brawl Bros...

Thanks for the suport dude

C'mon Cauterize what game is rarest in your opinion??? I can probably tell you if it exists! And how many games do you have now mate? Show us some pics of your collection!

I've not won the lotto mate (I wish) but I had some money saved up for this cause I've not spent as much as you might think though and I will never pay over the odds for games even if I need them.
      Last edited by yesteryeargames; 06-05-2009, 17:29.

Comment

Ha if you did win the lottery I think your collection would be complete by now.

Sorry bud, I know im being a bit of an ass but I really want to source this one before talking about it. I appreciate the offer for help, but I know it exists and ive been collecting SNES for a long long time really, so im going solo!

Apart from that id say youve got the rarest ones covered there. Cool World and Brawl Bros in my opinion are probably the hardest to find. Ive only ever seen one CIB Cool World and that went for really really silly money.

When are you gonna face up to buying CIB Mega Man X3, Whirlo & Cool World then?

Youre already on my MSN list from ages ago. Havent spoken yet though. But if you want any SNES advice feel free to drop me a instant message.

Comment

Ah also, I was gonna ask you about a few of the duplicate games and if you plan to get them all...

Champions World Class Soccer endorsed by Ryan Giggs / Champions World Class Soccer: PSG

K.H. Rummenigge's Player Manager / Kevin Keegan's Player Manager

Lothar Matthaeus Super Soccer / Manchester United Championship Soccer

Mario Basler: Fever Pitch Soccer / Fever Pitch Soccer

Might make your list a little smaller if you dont intend to get these!

Comment

Yeah I will probably get these duplicates but I don't think I will bother with box variations like say the red box Mario Kart etc..

I have been collecting SNES games for over 15 years mate (Have owned and sold all the rare ones at some point) and have also been monitoring what PAL games have ever come up for sale worldwide so I highly doubt there is any game that I do not know about, I have also talked to SNESBITS (the only guy I know to have had a complete PAL collection) about what the rarest games are so there really is no way that you telling me the game will effect your chances of getting it as I will already know of it!!!

If the game you're keeping secret is the 'legendary' Irish Pal release of Whilrlo or the English box Final Fight 2 then I don't believe they exist, There is a Black box FF2 which is a Belgian release only. Or maybe you are thinking of x-zone? I have heard people claim to have seen English versions of games like Knights Of The Round, King Of Dragons etc but if these do exist then how come I (or SNESBITS) have never in 15 years seen one!? I also heard about a PAL Donkey Kong Competition Cart but have found no record of it's existance.

English PAL Soul Blazer is another of the rarest I forgot to mention as is Sonic Blastman.

Then you have games like Starfox/Starwing 2 !!! I'll have to get this for my collection even though not an official release

Whirlo of course will be tough to get and expensive
            As for cool world I have seen 3 or 4 CIB over the years.
            I will Get the Megaman games when I see them in VGC and am prepared to pay good money for them but after my recent buying frenzy my funds are low so these may have to wait.

I have quite a few games to sell / trade including Lufia so why not tell me which you need and maybe we can help each other out a bit?!
            I expect you have my brother's MSN so pm me your's and I'll add you mate, Always a pleasure to talk about SNES to fellow fanatics :P
            Last edited by yesteryeargames; 07-05-2009, 02:00.

Comment

Nah, I dont believe the Irish Whirlo ever existed either... True retro myth!
              There was never ever a PAL DKC Competition to my knowledge, so there cant have been a cartridge for it either. And just to note, Starfox Competition is only complete if with the Competition manual. Mayhem showed me a photo of the manual he has a while back.

As for English Soul Blazer. Its not as rare as ud think. Ive seen around 4-5 in the last 3 months. The price however has been anywhere between £35 (cart only) to £200 (complete).

If the Lufia you have is cart only then I might be tempted. Im not really fussed paying over the odds for the boxes and manuals. Ill hunt those down later in life if I can afford to.

And ive gotta add.. Its incredibly confusing having two of you use the same account.
              I really dont understand why you do it either...

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                Nah, I dont believe the Irish Whirlo ever existed either... True retro myth!
                There was never ever a PAL DKC Competition to my knowledge, so there cant have been a cartridge for it either. And just to note, Starfox Competition is only complete if with the Competition manual. Mayhem showed me a photo of the manual he has a while back.

As for English Soul Blazer. Its not as rare as ud think. Ive seen around 4-5 in the last 3 months. The price however has been anywhere between £35 (cart only) to £200 (complete).

If the Lufia you have is cart only then I might be tempted. Im not really fussed paying over the odds for the boxes and manuals. Ill hunt those down later in life if I can afford to.

And ive gotta add.. Its incredibly confusing having two of you use the same account.
                I really dont understand why you do it either...
                I have seen the instructions for the Starwing competition and I beleive they may well be fake, I spoke to the guy on ebay who sold them over a year ago and he also said he had his suspicions about them but was not going to say that as he got such a good price
                I have also talked to a guy in Germany who took part in the starwing competition and he said there were no instructions present at the events which makes me wonder even more about thier authenticity.

English Soul blazer is very hard to get unless you know where to look which I do, When was the last time you saw one on ebay uk for example? hmmm...

I have a boxed Lufia with instructions for sale / trade.
                Good luck hunting down the boxes and instructions 'later in life' as I expect CIB SNES games to continue to become more expensive to much harder to obtain as time goes on so you may need to win the lottery! lol

My Bro and I use this same account, get over it mate! It's not rocket science! lol
                I (Andrew) Collect SNES and other nintendo stuff and am much more into retro gaming than the modern stuff.
                My younger Brother (Chris) who opened this account is more of a Sega fan and is also well into his current gen gaming.
                I will open a new account when I can be bothered, Until then I will put an 'A' below each post I submit.

Why will you not say what games you have and need mate? Why so secrective? I though we could maybe help each other as I often have alot of doubles to trade!!!
                I have also asked if you or nintastic have any picures of your collections but you both seem to go quiet when I mention this... a shame and also a bit strange. I was looking forward to seeing other people collections.

A
                Last edited by yesteryeargames; 09-05-2009, 17:10.

Comment

Hmmm might be an idea speaking to Mayhem about his instructions for Starwing Compo then! Im sure he will have some good info on them!

Heh, Soul Blazer.. Yeah it might be in English, but it wasnt released in England. Hence it not appearing on eBay UK!

Oh, I too believe the prices will continue to rocket, this goes for all retro gaming. Im prepared to have my NES/SNES collection as Cart Only (or better) and ill be happy with this. I just know if I was to go CIB now, id never finish it. It would also mean id have to give up gaming on every other system and maybe even sell off other parts of the collection, which is something im not prepared to do...

Fair play using the same account, its just confusing at times for everyone else, thats all. Just out of curiosity, how old are the two of you?

As for my secrecy, well I guess I dont really want to list what games Im left to get and generate any competition (wether its members here or lurkers). All it takes is for one person to say Game A is uber rare, before everyone is searching for it.
                  As for the ones I own, I just like to keep that to myself and not really advertise my own possesions on the web.
                  Ill talk once I obtain certain titles

You can call me paranoid and ill agree! I know I am, however its just the way I am and Im happy with it

Comment

As for my secrecy, well I guess I dont really want to list what games Im left to get and generate any competition (wether its members here or lurkers).
                    I'm not selling my pal boxed Final Fight 2 to anyone

My snes collection is no where as large as yours Yester, I just collect the games I like to play,though as Adam will testify mine are usually in 10/10 condition hence I only buy a few every now and again and when and if they do surface.

Snes games will always hold there value I agree but I don't do it for that, I do it for the excitement of playing a game I always wanted to play when I was a kid but could never afford and the rate their going up I won't be able to again soon ! #

Yester do you use snesbits covers to protect yours ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                      Hmmm might be an idea speaking to Mayhem about his instructions for Starwing Compo then! Im sure he will have some good info on them!

Heh, Soul Blazer.. Yeah it might be in English, but it wasnt released in England. Hence it not appearing on eBay UK!

Oh, I too believe the prices will continue to rocket, this goes for all retro gaming. Im prepared to have my NES/SNES collection as Cart Only (or better) and ill be happy with this. I just know if I was to go CIB now, id never finish it. It would also mean id have to give up gaming on every other system and maybe even sell off other parts of the collection, which is something im not prepared to do...

Fair play using the same account, its just confusing at times for everyone else, thats all. Just out of curiosity, how old are the two of you?

As for my secrecy, well I guess I dont really want to list what games Im left to get and generate any competition (wether its members here or lurkers). All it takes is for one person to say Game A is uber rare, before everyone is searching for it.
                      As for the ones I own, I just like to keep that to myself and not really advertise my own possesions on the web.
                      Ill talk once I obtain certain titles

You can call me paranoid and ill agree! I know I am, however its just the way I am and Im happy with it
                      Yeah I know the English Soul Blazer was not released in the UK, Only in one country
                      Very strange really, What were the publishers thinking releasing a game in English in a non English speaking country? lol
                      It must have been intended for release in the UK of otherwise they may as well have just let them have the German version?

Fair play to you if you can get a complete SNES & NES cart only collection, I think most peopel would be more than happy with that

Fair enough mate, It's up to you if you don't want to reveal what games you have / need.
                      Personally I am not at all bothered or concerned if people know about my collection and wants but I can understand where you're coming from.

Oh and I'm 28 and my Brother is 5 years younger.

A

Comment

Originally posted by nintastic View Post
                        I'm not selling my pal boxed Final Fight 2 to anyone

My snes collection is no where as large as yours Yester, I just collect the games I like to play,though as Adam will testify mine are usually in 10/10 condition hence I only buy a few every now and again and when and if they do surface.

Snes games will always hold there value I agree but I don't do it for that, I do it for the excitement of playing a game I always wanted to play when I was a kid but could never afford and the rate their going up I won't be able to again soon ! #

Yester do you use snesbits covers to protect yours ?
                        Ok that's cool, That's how I started by just collecting the games which I wanted when I was younger I don't do it for the value either, At the end of the day I just love the SNES!

Alot of my games are minty and most of the rest are in 8 or 9/10 condition at least
                        Even when I own a game in say 8 or 9/10 I will still replace it if I see one in better condition but I only really do this with the best and the rarest games.

I'd love to see some photos of your minty games mate, Can you put some on this forum or even email me some?

I do have some of the Box protectors from SNESBITS but as I store my games very well and out of sunlight etc they are not 100% nessesary, Although I admit it would be nice to have at least all of my mint and rare games in them.
                        I am currently researching (with the help of a friend who works with plastics) to see if I can get some box protectors custom made for myself.

A

Comment

I normally enjoy reading these threads but have little to contribute, and I may be way off the mark here, but...
                          Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                          I also heard about a PAL Donkey Kong Competition Cart but have found no record of it's existance.
                          Blockbuster did a 'World Video Games Championship' back in the day and I know for sure DKC was the qualifying game (available to play in participating stores) on the SNES whereas it was NBA Jam TE on the Mega Drive. I was young at the time and I cannot remember for certain whether it was a retail cart or a special competition one that was used, but I'd place bets that if there was one it was to do with this. This may be common knowledge, but just thought I'd share in case it wasn't.

Good luck on your quest, keep us updated!

Comment

Cheers for the info fuse! Could you be mistaking the compo for the US ones though? As they held both NBA Jam and DKC compos over there.
                            Also if it truly was a competition similar to the Starwing one, surely there would be around the same number of carts surfacing plus it would have been documented.

Dont get me wrong though, id love to be proved wrong

Yeah I know the English Soul Blazer was not released in the UK, Only in one country
                            Very strange really, What were the publishers thinking releasing a game in English in a non English speaking country? lol
                            It must have been intended for release in the UK of otherwise they may as well have just let them have the German version?
                            Because the country it was released in, most people there speak English.
                            However there are rumours/claims there is a UKV version but I think most of us would be aware by now if this was true.

Comment

I have seen the instructions for the Starwing competition and I beleive they may well be fake, I spoke to the guy on ebay who sold them over a year ago and he also said he had his suspicions about them but was not going to say that as he got such a good price

I have also talked to a guy in Germany who took part in the starwing competition and he said there were no instructions present at the events which makes me wonder even more about thier authenticity.
                              My Starwing Competition cart came from iirc a store winner. He received the cart and the instructions as part of his prize. So to me, they are the genuine thing unless someone can positively prove otherwise. Admitedly, they rarely appear; that eBay sale was the only other occurance aside from what I own. The manual, although in black and white, looks too professionally produced and printed to have been someone's flight of fancy imo.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Hi Mayhem,

Your comments certainly give more wieght to the argument for the authenticity of the instructions.
                                I suppose we will never know 100% but I am happy to accept what you are saying unless proven ortherwise.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but there seems to have been an unusually large amount of the Starwing Competition carts surfacing on the German market over the last year or so?
                                I have strong suspicions that alot of these are repro's made by the same people who have made the Starwing 2 and PAL German Text versions of games like Chrono Trigger, They look very professionally done though!
                                I got my copy about 8 years ago from Yahoo UK Auctions so i'm sure it is genuine.

Does anyone know how many Starwing Comp carts would have been made?

A
                                Last edited by yesteryeargames; 10-05-2009, 18:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X