Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The screenshot that sold an average game to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread needs more pictures...

Comment

I couldn't remember the exact screenshot though. Not sure finding just any screenshot on the web now would really make the point.

Comment

I remember GamesMaster magazine doing a massive front-cover preview of Turok on the N64. My god, I cannot tell you how many hours I must have spent looking at that magazine, practically drooling at the screenshots of the explosions and stuff. Remember how all the cool games had shockwaves coming out of their explosions back then? Well this had shockwaves on its shockwaves!

When I finally got to play the game it was a bit pants, had a draw distance so short that some legally blind people can actually see further, and is one of the only games to have given me motion sickness

Originally posted by NecronomiconUK View Post
        This thread needs more pictures...
        To be fair, finding the exact screenshot from a years-old issue of a magazine that probably hasn't published in years, can be a bit difficult...

Comment

Turok was awesome!

Comment

Turok 'n' roll!

Sorry.

Comment

I had no interest in wrestling, but Wrestlemania for the SNES looked really good in the shots, so I bought it. Rubbish game.

The visuals looked really enticing for 1992.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                The visuals looked really enticing for 1992.
                Trudat. I remember seeing my cousin play it one Christmas and being like

Comment

I seem to remember Mean Machines ABSOLUTELY slating alot of ( if not all ) the Neo Geo games they reviewed. I seem to recall my school friends and I thinking it was hilarious that a game got 29% and cost ?179.99 to buy!

But...

...secretly...

deep down...

...the screenshots of Magician Lord looked amazing and we all wanted it!

Comment

Magician Lord isn't too shabby in my opinion. Not fantastic, but certainly above average.

Comment

When I finally got round to getting a Neo Geo about 5 years ago, Magician Lord was top of my list for the cheaper games, I frickin loved it, it's a bit touchy on the hit detection but on the whole, I really liked it.

I think it got more than 29%, probably more like 65%, but I'm sure one game got a really low score, was it Riding Hero or that on rails Operation Wolf clone, the name of which escapes me now.

I'm getting all Neo Geo-ey again!

Comment

Must've been Legend of Success Joe, surely? Then again 29% seems too generous.

Comment

I really badly wanted Magician Lord. The screenshots looked really amazing in the magazines. I would have bought it - if I had managed to convince my parents to buy me Neo. I came close, but.. ?300 with one dodgy game was just not a good buy.

Comment

Working...
                          X