No announcement yet.

MS games superior to their MD counterparts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If GameGear counts (tough, coz I'm typing this anyway) then I have to nominate Pengo.
    It's arguably the best version of the game, full stop, with none of the lag of the arcade version when pinging the walls, it nips along at a nice pace and doesn't go all pre-render mental like the Megadrive one.

Zero9X - Yeh... Sonic 2, not sure if the GG one's the same as the MS one but if it is, I'm pretty sure that game starts in the wrong zone. The ring sound is dodgy, there's no crouching spin dash, it's all a bit odd. Good intro music though.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      Yeah Bubble Bobble megadrive is unofficial.
      I didn't realise that. I picked up what I thought was a legit unboxed BB cart years ago along with an unboxed copy of New Zeland Story. I wonder if it was hooky as well?

I'd like to add Asterix to the list of games. I enjoyed both MS and MD versions but much like COI the MS was a better game.

Comment

Loved the music on the MS version of asterix.

Comment

Sonic 2 on the GameGear was pretty broken, because the bosses were much harder on the GameGear version compared to the Master System version. The obvious example being the boss for the very first zone - the bombs bounce at variable heights, far higher than on the Master System version - which made it stupidly hard on the GameGear version because you saw less of the screen anyway (being handheld). But the game itself wasn't much cop. Crystal Egg Zone was beautiful though.

I always felt Sonic Chaos was excellent. It went back to the basis, dropping many of the more annoying gameplay elements (such as handgliding), adding in stuff like spin dash and the weird 'run-dash' thing from Sonic CD. The levels were pretty, and it was just a pure, proper Sonic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastware View Post
            California Games on the SMS was the title I was going to add, it's better, has more events and more moves. Novotrades Megadrive port is poor in comparison.
            The master system version is superior but I still loved the megadrive version, even without the disc event.

Both versions had some corking music as well.

I used to be the best in my school at the surfing event

Comment

Cheers for the suggestions lads, I'll be sure to pick a few of those up, generally I'd always go for the MD versions but I'd sooner always buy the best version or get it if it's different enough for the MD. Just got Castle of Illusion today and it's safe to say it is a bit better than the Megadrive one, also surprised how well the graphics have held up.

Comment

Castle of Illusion imo is definetly better on the MS, i just thought it had nicer visuals and again like sonic a nice colour palette.

Comment

Working...
                X