House of Dead 1 on Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    that guy is a prick and basically did nothing but pass off pathetic ideas of what people wanted. He know NOTHING!. Isn't it his fault we never got a Saturn or DC Streets of Rage ?
    To be fair to Bernie , he was deal a huge bad card by TOM and SEGA America complete feck up with the 32X , and how that was going to be in TOM's words the only 32 bit mass Market system , Anyway ...

I really have a hard time Believing that SOA could stop anything SEGA Japan wanted to do, If SOJ wanted a HOTD port , or a DC Streets of Rage they would have done it regardless imo ,. The biggest screw up imo, was not making a SOR for the Saturn .
    A 2D SOR of Saturn with massive sprites on the best 2D system , would have rocked , shame it never happened

Comment

There was some urge to launch franchises in 3D, so one could doubt if Sega would stick to 2D for its SoR series. Sega also had the tendency to outsource their IPs and I probably wouldn't be too happy with a SoR in Shin Shinobi Den style

Bernie initially did the right thing by killing off the money slurping Saturn in the west. But his vision on certain types of games, namely RPGs (already during his time at Sony), was kind of questionable. Pre-FFVII however this could be understandable as the RPG genre was being seen as dull. However, his stance did not really change even during the 1998's where the west started to embrace those games.

Its being widely considered that he did a great job with the DC launch in America though.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        The Saturn version isn't as bad as many seem to make it out. The mid level loading is only a few seconds and takes place at appropriate times. It does look awful mind you but plays like a dream. Basically it's like Daytona on the Saturn. looks like **** but plays like the arcade.

yakumo
        Not quite, there were a few background zombies missing and the final boss was wrong in the Saturn version. He should be like twice the speed of what he is in the Saturn's version.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
          There was some urge to launch franchises in 3D, so one could doubt if Sega would stick to 2D for its SoR series. Sega also had the tendency to outsource their IPs and I probably wouldn't be too happy with a SoR in Shin Shinobi Den style

Bernie initially did the right thing by killing off the money slurping Saturn in the west. But his vision on certain types of games, namely RPGs (already during his time at Sony), was kind of questionable. Pre-FFVII however this could be understandable as the RPG genre was being seen as dull. However, his stance did not really change even during the 1998's where the west started to embrace those games.

Its being widely considered that he did a great job with the DC launch in America though.
          I'm not sure , for one Ancient helped with the SOR series, and the Saturn version of Thor was a lovely 2D affair . As for Bernie, I don't see how it was a good move from a PR perspective, or in getting consumers ready to support your follow up console , by effectively telling them forget about SEGA and Saturn , and buy a N64 or PS , and start to play and enjoy their franchises That to me is not a good way to show your commitment to your fanbase , or was good PR .

But he was dealt a horrible hand by Tom and Co, and his did bring some RPG?s over , though his 5 star plan was a joke . Worst than that though, was upsetting Working Designs , one of the few parties that supported the Saturn, and one of the few companies, that might have brought Grandia to the West , after SOA/SOE were stupid enough not too , them self?s

Comment

Working...
          X