X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Nightmare

Strange one here.

I spent a LOT of money on some games on eBay. They have arrived and are in attrocious condition despite the seller advising they were good to mint.

I obviously started a claim through paypal as they are not as described. However Paypal now have proposed the most stupidest resolution ever. They want me to take the games to a shop which sells them (bare in mind these are mega-cd games, so nowhere does) and get them to confirm on headed paper that they are indeed damaged.

I can't see anyway round this. Any suggestions? I am based in Essex.

Have you actually tried to talk your problem over with the seller?

Comment

That aside, maybe a Gamestaion, CEX or local indie could do this for you? Maybe even Cash Converters at a push.

Comment

It wasn't that full set was it?

Comment

He won't do anything, has said that it is in Paypal's hands.

They have said it has to be a computer games shop which sells the goods. The only one near me is GAME and I just called and they said no.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
            It wasn't that full set was it?
            It certainly was. Biggest load of rubbish I have ever bought. Smashed cases, chipped boxes, damaged manuals, scratched discs.

The seller has not even apologised, he knew they were damaged, just trying his luck he has now hit gold as Paypal have me by the short and curlies.

Comment

How do they compare to the pictures used by the seller during the auction?

Comment

Obviously you can't see the majority of them in the pictures.

7 of the cases break apart in your hands when you open them. And there are at least another 25 which have cracks in the case. At least half of them have scratched discs.

The ones he singles out are in fair condition but certainly are not mint. Heavily marked cases, dinks on the plastic manuals not mint.

Comment

Where do you live Mr Wistles?

Comment

Essex, Leigh-on-Sea, near Southend.

Comment

It may be a slight trek, but considering the money involved, how about trying Raven games, they deal in retro.

Comment

I can't believe I am in this situation of having to spend my free time trapsing around with two boxes of crap because someone lies in their eBay listing.

I am in two minds to drive them back to his house personally.

I will then have the problem of sending them back. No courier overs 3k insurance at a reputable price. The seller had his brother send them to me using his contract. I have asked him if we can use the same to send them back and he sent me a one word response "no".

Comment

Garyfoo on here is friends with the guy I think, maybe try talking to him too?

Comment

If he was not 200 miles away from me I would have already been to him.

I think garyfoo is an acquaintance through collecting and not a real world friend.

Comment

Sounds like the guy is acting like a complete tool. Considering it's thousands of pounds we're talking here, i'd personally be straight in the car, there's no excuse for this kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X