Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would speak to Paypal again. Asking you to get a signature from a random shop is a ridiculous idea. Can you escalate it at paypal? Sounds like somebody doesn't really know what they're doing at their end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      I would speak to Paypal again. Asking you to get a signature from a random shop is a ridiculous idea. Can you escalate it at paypal? Sounds like somebody doesn't really know what they're doing at their end.
      It is already fully escalated. I have until Friday to get it to them or he is going to win. Even if I do get it that is still not the end of it and it goes back to being reviewed.

I see my only option as taking a day off work (paid by the day so that will be another loss) and spend 8 hours driving there and back.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_wistles View Post
        It is already fully escalated. I have until Friday to get it to them or he is going to win. Even if I do get it that is still not the end of it and it goes back to being reviewed.

I see my only option as taking a day off work (paid by the day so that will be another loss) and spend 8 hours driving there and back.
        To the guy's house? What if he won't play ball?

Comment

if you paid by credit card you are covered likewise royal mail for damage if sent by special delivery if all else fails small claims court

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
            if you paid by credit card you are covered likewise royal mail for damage if sent by special delivery if all else fails small claims court
            I have spoken to my bank. I am HSBC Premier and they like to keep you happy so they have started the ball rolling their end.

The boxes were not damaged and the items were well packed. He tried to pull that one straight away "they must have been damaged in transit". The boxes were in perfect condition I am not going to make a claim against the couriers as they did a good job.

Comment

I hope you get a good resolution on this, and as much as a pain in the ass it might be, I would advise following the official procedure to its conclusion.

How was all that posted to you by the way?

Comment

Is it the one for ?4,999?

The one that has this as part of the description - 'SOME CASE MAY HAVE SOME DAMAGE AND SOME DISCS MAY HAVE SCRATCHES BUT OVERALL IT TRULY IS A GREAT COLLECTION!!'

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                  To the guy's house? What if he won't play ball?
                  Yeah. I see that as my only option.

Comment

Originally posted by SS004 View Post
                    I hope you get a good resolution on this, and as much as a pain in the ass it might be, I would advise following the official procedure to its conclusion.

How was all that posted to you by the way?
                    He sent it through his brother who had a contract through his work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                      Is it the one for ?4,999?

The one that has this as part of the description - 'SOME CASE MAY HAVE SOME DAMAGE AND SOME DISCS MAY HAVE SCRATCHES BUT OVERALL IT TRULY IS A GREAT COLLECTION!!'
                      Nope.

Comment

Really sorry to hear this mate, I only hope it comes to a conclusion that your happy with. Best of luck.

Comment

Think I have found a local auctioneer / house clearance place that stocks retro games who will do this ridiculous letter.

Comment

This one right? The one you posted in the shocking thread.

It states that the ones in pink highlighter are in good condition. Are these okay but the rest not.

Can you post photos of the bundle?

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMPLETE-COLLE...item255c4ab62c

This one right? The one you posted in the shocking thread.

It states that the ones in pink highlighter are in good condition. Are these okay but the rest not.

Can you post photos of the bundle?
                              As far as I can see this is the only mention of condition in the whole listing (please correct me if I'm wrong).

So if these are good to mint and the rest are crap he hasn't lied really just not been very clear.

Comment

I have to agree with Neil2k and Cauterize on this one. The auction is a bit misleading considering how he's trying to push the sale onto a collector, but states only those highlighted are good-mint condition. I would assume the rest are poor. Did you by any chance get in touch with the seller before making a bid?

Comment

Working...
                                X