This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
    Hmmm by definition is a game only truly "broken" when it refuses to load as opposed to when the packaging is damaged?
    Exactly he mentions nothing about packaging at all.

Comment

Ahhh semantics.

I am starting to believe that a number of people who are commenting know the guy because of his prominence on a number of sites. I have posted this same dilemma on my weight lifting forum and they are all on my side.

Comment

Firstly, never assume anything on ebay I always say. Always question the seller and find out the condition of each item individually if you can. The seller even stated the following (quote) "PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU REQUIRE FURTHER DETAILS !!".

With regards to the games being mint, I believe you might have misinterpret it. He says (quote) "All the highlighted games are in good to mint condition". Effectively this could mean that only 1 out of the lot of highlighted games could be mint. The rest could be in good (used) condition, but expect some light cracks on the box and scratches on the disc that do not really affect playability.

Comment

Originally posted by psusion View Post
          Firstly, never assume anything on ebay I always say. Always question the seller and find out the condition of each item individually if you can. The seller even stated the following (quote) "PLEASE DON?T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU REQUIRE FURTHER DETAILS !!".

With regards to the games being mint, I believe you might have misinterpret it. He says (quote) "All the highlighted games are in good to mint condition". Effectively this could mean that only 1 out of the lot of highlighted games could be mint. The rest could be in good (used) condition, but expect some light cracks on the box and scratches on the disc that do not really affect playability.
          Read the thread. NONE of the ones he states as mint are. Some of the items are broken so neither mint or good.

The logic of people here is laughable. So I can list a load of products as mint and only 1 needs to be? Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_wistles View Post
            Read the thread. NONE of the ones he states as mint are. Some of the items are broken so neither mint or good.

The logic of people here is laughable. So I can list a load of products as mint and only 1 needs to be? Crazy.
            He never said the products were mint. He only mentioned that the products range from good to mint.

Comment

Not quite. The guy I know who used to run the MCD site was a guy called Chris, not Damian. I have no connection nor knowledge of this guy whatsoever.

I've stated by reasons, I just find it hard to agree on something without seeing it with my own eyes. From what I've seen with your buying in the 'Show us what you've bought' thread, you're very particular on condition and completeness. There is nothing wrong with that, but you can't expect the full backing of the community based on these standards.

I know I keep banging on about it, but show us how bad they really are and maybe we can agree with you.

Comment

Ok wow.

Look if I list 100 games on eBay as all in good to mint condition, only one needs to be mint to meet the description no?
                It is the up to the buyer to ask what the condition of each individual game is like.
                I'm not saying this situation is the same as yours I understand that just highlighting how bloody carefull you need to be on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by psusion View Post
                  He never said the products were mint. He only mentioned that the products range from good to mint.
                  And none of them are mint.

Comment

The logic of the people here is they can read a listing without having the emotional response to go with it. You were suckered in and have been badly bitten, if you want people to agree and hold your hand I think you're looking in the wrong place.

BTW I don't know the guy, have no interest in the deal other than a morbid fasination why anyone would drop such a large wedge on stuff when the listing is so poorly presented.

Comment

Well I have 4962 ratings on feedback as a buyer. This is the only time I have been in this position. I am obviously an idiot.

Comment

wouldnt the whole thing have not happened if he had listed condition 1-10 like most sellers i am surprised with you being a collector you didnt ask this the vast majority on here would have, dont get me wrong i think you have been done and should get your cash back but you are not blameless for an ebay member of your experience to not ask is extremely surprising didnt you run a business on it? Still we have all done it for something we couldnt live without although not all of us drop 3k on it. Good luck

Comment

Noone said you were an idiot, you did imply those that didn't agree with your view were though.

Comment

I am obviously an idiot.
                            Took 9 pages, but we got there in the end.

Comment

Ahhh semantics.

I am starting to believe that a number of people who are commenting know the guy because of his prominence on a number of sites. I have posted this same dilemma on my weight lifting forum and they are all on my side.
                              I for one ain't got a clue who he is. I'd imagine the different response you're getting on here is more likely to be because it's a gaming forum so people understand more about it / it's not just black or white to them.

Comment

Having looked at the listing again, I do sympathise with you mr_wistles but if I was even contemplating spending that much money I would have asked for an accurate description of each game, it's all a bit too vague. If the seller couldnt be arsed to do that then there's no way I'd be handing over £3k. Serious amount of money.

I think you've assumed too many of them would be "mint" based on the "collector" comment. I've had sellers refuse to sell me games because I've asked for accurate descriptions but it's better safe than sorry on Ebay.

Good luck getting it resolved though like I said previously.

Comment

Working...
                                X