No announcement yet.

N64 Time - Duke Nukem 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch this for an idea of how it looks and plays.

Comment

It'll all get better once you get to Diddy Kong Racing Mario Kart 64 is pretty poor to be fair.

Comment

Yeah, but WizPig is a f***ing ****hole. Diddy Kong Racing is one of only a couple of games that moved me to controller destruction. Mind you, it's headed my way in the post, so I better get ready to mutilate some more plastic appendages.

My understanding of Mario Kart is thus: Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart: Super Circuit are from one side of the lineage, whilst SMK's brother MK64 was the progenitor of the multiplayer games that continue to descend into Wacky Races territory. MK64 was actually quite fun, but now they're just silly.
        Last edited by egparadigm; 16-09-2010, 14:46.

Comment

Diddy kong racing frustrated the life out of me. It's fun, but hard. My favourite racing game on the n64 has to be f-zero x. That games awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            Well I'm saying I didn't have these problems with Mario Kart on the SNES. The fact that I can come in first about as often as I come in last proves it's more to do with the random nature of the game than my own skill level. That and the fact that it's a very well known problem with this game. Am I wrong in thinking this is the most poorly regarded game in the series?
            By some it is, I guess you are just not in the zone? MK64's weapon systems are fine I used take out friends with green shells with pin point accuracy.

Comment

Been playing Mario Tennis. How is it fair that when I meet Mario in the final of an international tennis tournament he is not only playing against me, but also umpiring the game?

Also, how does Birdo produce eggs from her nose? And if she and Yoshi both produce eggs, how do they go about fertilising them?

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                Been playing Mario Tennis. How is it fair that when I meet Mario in the final of an international tennis tournament he is not only playing against me, but also umpiring the game?

Also, how does Birdo produce eggs from her nose? And if she and Yoshi both produce eggs, how do they go about fertilising them?

Loved Mario tennis and golf on the N64, still got all my games for it, all jap and ntsc.

One of my favs was donkey Kong, hundreds of bloody bananas to collect ha ha

Comment

Ok, so I switched from my regular racer (Peach) to Mario, because Peach's top speed is ridiculous, even though I really need her acceleration. I managed to maintain the lead more successfully than with Peach, and I got gold on the Star Cup that I was struggling with. Who is everyone else's favourite racer? I've never been able to use the heavyweights One thing I will say is THANK FROG for infinite retries. I can only assume they added that to balance out the ludicrously random nature of the race, compared to SNES Mario Kart where you only get three per cup.

EDIT: PAT! You're not playing by the rules! Mario Tennis isn't released for years!

Comment

Toad all the way I never understood how anyone could play the heavyweight racers, they're so slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                      Toad all the way I never understood how anyone could play the heavyweight racers, they're so slow.
                      Yeah, Toad or Yoshi for me.

Mr.Hat, are you using the shortcuts? Boy, when I think of the profanities that littered the air when we played that in the office. On a par with GE, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                        EDIT: PAT! You're not playing by the rules! Mario Tennis isn't released for years!
                        Never said I was going to.

Didn't you notice me playing Turok 2?

Comment

I played Diddy Kong Racing for the first time in about 10 years yesterday and I think it's pretty **** now. The handling feels off, the cutseyness annoys me and I just didn't enjoy it anymore

For me a lot of the N64 stuff was good at the time but has aged horribily now.

Comment

Step away from the N64! You are permitted to approach it once your Doom 64 arrives!

@Wil - No! I've noticed a few of them along the way, but they seem difficult to get through, I'd probably fall off the track and cost myself more time. You don't want to hear the choice words I've been hurling at the tv whilst playing this. Those sodding penguins and those susuwatari things have got me tearing my remaining hair out.

Comment

I was playing Doom 64 yesterday for the first time ever. The graphics are really good, and it feels great but dodgy controls let it down big style.

Comment

Bowser all the way with MK64. Slow to start but great top speed and can push his way through the pack. Have you learnt how to avoid bannans and red shells? The game is a very big cheat, one character is picked as your main rival and they will be able to drive faster than you and recover from attacks instantly. The best thing to do is stay in 2nd or 3rd and take them out before the finish line.

But multiplayer is where it is at, go grab three friends and have a blast.

Iss64 is great (iss98 is better), im not a huge footy fan but i love iss98 because it is such an arcade game. Everything is quick and smooth and there are lots of little tricks you can do to win. Another great game in multiplayer.

Comment

Working...
                                X