Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Arcade Cab 1-Credit replays. (long time away!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fight just holds TOO many golden memories for me, I dont think any other game can get close when it comes to nostalgia for me. Apart from maybe SF2 or sensible soccer . . . I got into SOR2 quite late so didnt appreciate it until later on in its life whereas Final Fight blew everyone away upon its release.

Love the reverse Haggar jumping, is that pressing back just before or after you've jumped?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Even though we've got decent arcades around here I'm DEFINITELY buying one of those cabs, too. My Mrs. can get to **** if she thinks I'm not having one.

The GHETTOcam? seen here is something else as well. What happens if someone wants to make a brew, or do some ironing whilst you're mid-way through a run?
      Where are you thinking of getting a cab like that in Singapore? I'm interested also.

Comment

Probably an arcade. The guys at Tough Cookie got one from somewhere so I'll just ask them when the time comes.

Comment

Ghouls N Ghosts is not to bad with practice , took me 2-3months on/off to complete on 1 credit - I couldn of imagined doing this back in the day but as ive got older i seem to have more Patience , Practice makes perfect

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I don't know... I like the music in SoR (who doesn't?) but I ****ing love what they did remixing the FF XBL HD release. Plus, the FF score brings back a ton of memories of me and my mate being nine years old and having our balls blown off by Final Fight.

Nah, recording the source directly is ****. It's completely impersonal and feels like I'm simply watching the CPU play. Stick to this method. Also, the CRT looks godly when recorded like this. I don't know what it is... as awesome as MAME is on an Xperia play (I'd say perfect, and coming from me that's a bold statement) nothing beats the 'feel' of playing on a CRT. I really can't explain why.

Yeah, same here, Final Fight blew me away in 89'. I was always really **** at it back then, I never really thought about what I was doing. We used to have a Final Fight cab in a local town centre Taxi rank in 90' and there use to be a kid who who could 1-credit it. He was probably only about 13 years old, pretty nuts. He used to play it a lot, though.

Originally posted by bash View Post
            Final Fight just holds TOO many golden memories for me, I dont think any other game can get close when it comes to nostalgia for me. Apart from maybe SF2 or sensible soccer . . . I got into SOR2 quite late so didnt appreciate it until later on in its life whereas Final Fight blew everyone away upon its release.

Love the reverse Haggar jumping, is that pressing back just before or after you've jumped?
            Yeah same here, even though I started playing in arcades regularly in 87', the late 80's early 90's and playing Final Fight and Street Fighter 2 etc WERE the golden age of arcades for me. I used to sneak into town on my bmx after primary school to play on Shinobi and R-Type in a dodgy videoshop. Spectrum 48k arcade conversions just didn't cut it for me. She would've got NUTS if she found out!

Yeah, that back Haggar splash is a pretty damn useful move! It's essential for controlling the screen. It's done by pressing jump and then press the opposite direction on the stick, nearly at the same time but staggered slightly.

Comment

Added Mortal Kombat 2 to opening post.
              A replay I made of a 1-credit clear of the arcade version of Mortal Kombat 2 with Scorpion. It's a little messy is places but im a little rusty from when I used to play it in the 90's. I used to be obsessed with MK2 in the arcades back in 93', but looking back at it now I think it was a little overrated. It was defiantly no competition to the mighty Street Fighter 2 series. Kinda fun, though.

Comment

Working...
              X