Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
    XXX
    I'm never going to save money at this rate. Think I'll be heading down the MVS route, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
      I'm never going to save money at this rate. Think I'll be heading down the MVS route, though!
      Was thinking exactly the same after a quick glance at those ebay prices for AES carts!! There used to be a nice chap on this very forum that built consolized MVSs.. Don't suppose anyone on here still does them?

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
        nice one lads, that screen looks cool!
        I was thinking the same!..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Fudoh specifies that the BVM requires a clean sync - as in pure composite sync which is only available from a few machines natively such as the NTSC Saturn units, PC Engine machines and the Mega Drive.

My PVM accepts composite video just fine though. You'd simply need a female SCART to BNC (RGBs) to play anything out of the box - provided you have SCART cables for said machines.
          what the difference between the a PVM/BVM? Which is better?

What would I need to play ps1/ps2/saturn/n64 on one of these sets

cheers chaps
          Last edited by dvdx2; 16-11-2012, 14:47.

Comment

MVS doesn't have the magic of AES though..

Not sure what to do myself. Love my AES but all the games I want are ?100+. Need to assemble a supergun first really.

BVM is better but there's not a huge amount in it. PVM are cheaper and easier to find too. Both will accept all those with the right cable. Really simple to assemble.
            Last edited by speedlolita; 16-11-2012, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              what the difference between the a PVM/BVM? Which is better?

What would I need to play ps1/ps2/saturn/n64 on one of these sets

cheers chaps
              BVM is the better one and according to Fudoh it's the best screen for anything retro. I think it's an incredible screen and looks amazing!

All of the consoles you mentioned will work straight away via BNC to Scart - no sync stripper required. Be warned though the screen ONLY takes RGB so you will need to have your N64 RGB modded if it's not already.

Have fun!

Comment

It doesn't only take RGB, PVM that is. Your BVM maybe, I don't think the BVM is worth tracking down unless you like spending lots of money.

Although really dvdx, just keep your Trinitron until it dies. No real reason to change it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Why not just get a cheapy XRGB2?
                  I have an xrgb3 but the image quality out of that is no better than maicomsofts cheaper box. The only thing the xrgb3 has over it are the custom settings and scan lines but they only work over VGA not HDMI and my TV has no VGA. Pretty crazy when Toshiba stuck 4 HDMI ports, 3 D–sub ports (component) 3s–videos ports, 4 composite ports, 3 LAN ports, 2 USB ports and a SD card port on it. I mean, why not add a VGA as well? Odd choice indeed.
                  Last edited by Yakumo; 16-11-2012, 22:00.

Comment

No VGA huh, bummer.

Comment

Wish I had seen some pictures of that Panasonic flat screen in action before Ikobo offered up his spare. Looks lush. What are the input options on the back?

Comment

Haha, if Ikobo hadn't jumped in it would've been me selling one to him. Those screens were as good as gone as soon as Fudoh made that post.

Inputs are RGB via BNC and VGA.

Comment

VGA and RGBHV.

Comment

I've never seen another one for sale since. Phenomenal timing.

Comment

Haha, I wonder how many eBay alerts have been set for those now?

Comment

I got a Pioneer PDP-402 this weekend, only managed to run neo geo cd through it via composite so far but it seems like a nice set. The stand that came with it is some serious heavyweight ****! Got speakers too, but also not tested them as they need an amp (we just ran audio through a hi-fi).

Comment

Working...
                                X