Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well in typical Sony fashion my PS2 has a fault. Sony and their ****ty quality control.! It plays CD games and audio discs plus DVD movies but not DVD games! I was so looking forward to playing Initial D last night. The Initial D disc is mint and reads just fine in my PC so it must be the PS2. I'm not happy.

Comment

Usually they fail to read blue bottom CD media, not the other way around - or so I've read. Never experienced it myself.

Responded to your thread on Assembler just now. Really unfortunate that this has happened, bet you're considering dropping the whole lot now? haha

Comment

In typical Sony fashion? Yes the DC was rock solid.

The laser needs alignment. There are two screws on the laser that adjust the angle for reading CDs and DVDs.

Comment

New Official Saturn RGB cable on the right. No idea what the story behind this one is though. It's basically the same as a HSS-0109 but the PAL version. The one on the left is the cable bundled with the model 1 PAL machine iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

New Official Saturn RGB cable on the right. No idea what the story behind this one is though. It's basically the same as a HSS-0109 but the PAL version. The one on the left is the cable bundled with the model 1 PAL machine iirc.
            any notable improvement over a (decent) 3rd party cable speedy?

Comment

Nope. Maybe. I just like me a first party cable.

The one on the right will have the right voltage pull up for 4:3 auto, but so should a decent third party one.

Mostly just piece of mind for me.

Comment

And people wonder why I don't like Sony products.

finally after much pissing about going to and from stores I have a fully working console. Oh and a nice perverted 360 game to go with it, Onechanbara Z. I hope it's better than Vortex was.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

That's unlucky!

I've had both my old Dreamcasts cock up (Faulty controller ports, resetting issue and non reading laser) but not a single issue with my 3 PS2's. Although I loved the DC, it was my least reliable console.

Comment

That SCPH-90004 is rather nice. I don't like the regular slim machine really though.

Saw some of the 90004 on eBay Germany for about ?50. Might be worth investigating.

Comment

Jesus, that PS2 is TINY, I had no idea they were that small.

Comment

Yeah, neither did I until I picked this one up. The odd thing is that I saw 3 different designs for the PS2 slim!.

Comment

Hmm, there's only two isn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Hmm, there's only two isn't there?
                            Don't know. I thought I had seen 3 types. I know nothing about PlayStation thogh so I could be wrong.

I picked up more Sega 2500 games over the last week.

I now finally have all the games in the series that I wanted.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Will you be doing a feature on retro core? I've played a few but I understand the quality varies considerably across the full range.

Comment

Capcom vs Snk 2 Millionaire Fighting 2001.
                                Can't get enough of this 2d Fighter. Its a Beauty

Comment

Working...
                                X